[MyAppleMenu] May 6, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue May 6 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Strava (For iPhone) ***
<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2457616,00.asp>
Jill Duffy, PC Magazine

> Runners, bicyclists, and other outdoor types have a host of apps and devices they can use to track their activities. The best one for competitive types is Strava. Whether you're competing against yourself to beat your best time, or looking at the long list of strangers who have smoked you on some nasty uphill stretch of your favorite route, Strava brings a fierce competitive angle.

*** Jefit Workout (For iPhone) ***
<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2457597,00.asp>
Jill Duffy, PC Magazine

> The iPhone app Jefit Workout gives you simple tools for crafting weight-lifting workouts and keeping track of the details as you complete your routines. You can log sets and reps, as well as how much you lifted. A calendar helps you plan your workout days and rest days.

*** MacBook Air Review: A Little Faster, A Little Slower, A Little More Affordable ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2151340/macbook-air-review-a-little-faster-a-little-more-affordable.html#tk.rss_all>
James Galbraith, Macworld

> While the faster processor did help the new MacBook Air in our application tests, the flash storage didn’t always perform as well as we’ve come to expect.

*** Solving The Mysteries Of The Mail Downloads Folder ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2150769/solving-the-mysteries-of-the-mail-downloads-folder.html#tk.rss_all>
Sharon Zardetto, Macworld

> The scenario is straighforward: You receive a message with an attachment in Mail and double-click the attached file to open it in the appropriate app. But what happens next is anything but straightforward: file attachments are stored in a hard-to-find folder; they are sometimes downloaded more than once; and different apps treat these opened files in very different ways.

*** Apple Is Aware Of iOS 7 Mail Attachment Bug, Working On A Fix ***
<http://www.imore.com/apple-aware-ios-7-mail-attachment-bug-working-fix>
Rene Ritchie, iMore

> "We're aware of the issue," an Apple spokeswoman told iMore, "and are working on a fix which we will deliver in a future software update."

*** Things You Cannot Unsee (And What That Says About Your Brain) ***
<http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/05/10-things-you-cant-unsee-and-what-that-says-about-your-brain/361335/>
Alexis C. Madrigal, The Atlantic

> We're going to rewire your brain. Are you ready?

*** Away From My Desk ***
<http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/books/2014/05/12/140512crbo_books_lepore>
Jill Lepore, New Yorker