[MyAppleMenu] Mar 25, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Mar 25 18:59:01 EDT 2014

*** Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Lens Review ***
<http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=5553&review=olloclip+macro+3-in-1+lens+iPhone+5+5s>
Sarah White, DigitalCameraReview

*** How To Back Up Your Mac ***
<http://www.macissues.com/2014/03/24/how-to-back-up-your-mac/>
Topher Kessler, MacIssues

> When using or troubleshooting your Mac, you may be eager to jump in and get to work; however, it is worth your while to ensure your system is properly backed up, especially if your work and data is important, or if you plan on making changes to the system in any way (e.g., installing software, or tweaking a system component).

*** Someone Has Finally Made A Better Case For The iPad Mini Than Apple ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/24/5543712/twelvesouth-surfacepad-ipad-mini-hands-on-review>
Dan Seifert, The Verge

> The best part of the SurfacePad is the way it supports the iPad when you have the case open.

*** A New Game Plan For Concussions ***
<http://www.apple.com/your-verse/concussion-game-plan/>
Apple

> Cleveland Clinic in Ohio is using iPad to take the mystery out of concussions with an app that lets trainers monitor symptoms moments after an event occurs. Already players are making safer returns to the field, court, and ice.

*** Apple Finds New Washington, D.C. Lobbyist In Former Senate Finance Committee Staffer Amber Cottle ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/03/24/apple-finds-new-washington-d-c-lobbyist-in-former-senate-finance-committee-staffer-amber-cottle/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Mike Beasley, 9 To 5 Mac

*** How To Check The Model Number Of Your Mac ***
<http://www.macissues.com/2014/03/25/how-to-check-the-model-number-of-your-mac/>
Topher Kessler, MacIssues

> If you need to service your system, or update it, then you may need to know this detail about it in order to get the appropriate parts and upgrades, or even see if the latest version of OS X is compatible with it.

*** Clones, Clones Everywhere – “1024,” “2048″ And Other Copies Of Popular Paid Game “Threes” Fill The App Stores ***
<http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/24/clones-clones-everywhere-1024-2048-and-other-copies-of-popular-paid-game-threes-fill-the-app-stores/>
Sarah Perez, TechCrunch

> This is starting to get a little nuts.

*** Apple Sends Email To iTunes Users Offering Refunds For Unauthorized In-App Purchases ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2014/03/24/itunes-refund-email/>
Richard Padilla, MacRumors

> As a part of its consent decree with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over in-app purchases in the App Store, Apple today sent out an email to some iTunes users, offering them a chance to obtain a refund by filling out a form through a special link.

*** iTunes Radio Gets News Radio, Via NPR ***
<http://recode.net/2014/03/24/itunes-radio-gets-news-radio-via-npr/>
Peter Kafka, Re/code

> NPR’s station, which should be live today, will offer a free stream, 24 hours a day, which mixes live news with segments from pre-recorded shows like “All Things Considered” and “The Diane Rehm Show.” NPR officials say that within weeks, some of the broadcaster’s local stations should begin offering their own stations, with a similar mix of live and taped news.

*** When Is A Joke Too Soon? A Scientific Inquiry. ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/features/2014/the_humor_code/when_is_a_joke_too_soon_a_scientific_inquiry.html>
Peter McGraw and Joel Warner, Slate

> When is it too soon to joke about something—and when is it too late? Dilemmas like the one <i>The Onion</i> faced led Peter McGraw, the academic half of our duo, to wonder if it might be possible to quantify when, exactly, jokes about a touchy subject start working—and when they become so worn out they evoke yawns instead of laughs.

*** Book Review: Man Walks Away And Into Dawn Of Psychiatry In 19Th-century Europe ***
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/book-review-man-walks-away-and-into-dawn-of-psychiatry-in-19th-century-europe/2014/03/24/ba677d0e-ae1e-11e3-9627-c65021d6d572_story.html>
Marie Arana, Washington Post