[MyAppleMenu] Mar 7, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Mar 7 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Apple Store App Featuring New, Free Music From iTunes ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/03/06/apple-store-app-featuring-new-free-music-from-itunes/?utm_source=loopinsight.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+loopinsight%2FKqJb+(The+Loop)&utm_content=FeedBurner>
Zac Hall, 9 To 5 Mac

*** 'Smash Hit' For iOS And Android Turns The Act Of Destruction Into Art ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/7/5480664/smash-hit-for-ios-and-android-turns-the-act-of-destruction-into-art>
Vlad Savov, The Verge

*** Make Use Of The iCloud Keychain ***
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57620014-263/make-use-of-the-icloud-keychain/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

> Apple's iCloud keychain can be used to synchronize passwords and secured notes for your own system and those at work.

*** Apple Gets Final Approval For Store On San Francisco’s Union Square ***
<http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/03/06/apple-gets-final-approval-for-store-on-san-franciscos-union-square/>
Barbara Taylor, KCBS

*** What Happens When Apple Finds A Child Making Your iPhone ***
<http://qz.com/183563/what-happens-when-apple-finds-a-child-making-your-iphone/>
Tim Fernholz, Quartz

> In 2013, it audited 451 different facilities in 16 countries, and found 23 people who had been hired when they were younger than 16. Eleven were still underage at the time of the audit. In all of its publicly available audits, from 2006 to 2013, the company has found 349 child laborers.

> What happens after they are found?

*** Disney Expands Where's My Water? 2 With More Puzzling Levels In 2 New Locations ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/03/disney-expands-wheres-my-water-2-with-more-puzzling-levels-in-2-new-locations>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Ask The iTunes Guy: Obtaining Old Apps, Excluding Comedy, And Making More Navigable Playlists ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2104605/ask-the-itunes-guy-obtaining-old-apps-excluding-comedy-and-making-more-navigable-playlists.html#tk.rss_all>
Kirk McElhearn, Macworld

> In this week’s column, I look at some interesting questions about getting apps for iOS devices that aren’t using iOS 7, about viewing album art in playlists on iTunes, and about keeping certain tracks from rearing their heads when you’re listening in shuffle mode. I also explain how to set up smart playlists to sort your music by the first letter of artists’ names.

*** OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Beta Contains Native 'Retina' Resolution Option For 4K Displays ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2014/03/07/os-x-10-9-3-retina-option-4k-displays/>
Richard Padilla, MacRumors

*** Popular Gesture-Based Minimalist To-Do App Clear Goes Free Yet Again ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/03/popular-gesture-based-minimalist-to-do-app-clear-goes-free-yet-again>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Apple Releases Revamped iTunes Festival App Ahead Of SXSW, iOS 7.1 Not Required ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2014/03/06/itunes-festival-app-update/>
Juli Clover, MacRumors

*** Retrospect 11 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14573?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

> The big news for Retrospect 11 is that it adds a block level incremental backup option, which should boost performance as it backs up only those portions of files that are modified since the previous backup.

*** She Walked Into My Office On A Tuesday, Dressed In Chandler ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/07/books/philip-marlowe-returns-in-the-black-eyed-blonde.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Janet Maslin, New York Times