[MyAppleMenu] Jun 20, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jun 20 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** How To Connect An Apple TV To Analog Speakers ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2365723/how-to-connect-an-apple-tv-to-analog-speakers.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** If Your iPhone 5 Isn't Charging Anymore, It Could Be That Third Party Cable You're Using ***
<http://www.imore.com/if-your-iphone-5-isnt-charging-anymore-it-could-be-third-party-cable-youre-using>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

> In this particular case, cheap chargers and cables are damaging the U2 IC chip that sits on the logic board of the iPhone 5. This particular chip controls the charge to the battery, the sleep/wake button, and certain USB functions.

*** You Should Play: Battleheart Legacy ***
<http://www.techhive.com/article/2365903/you-should-play-battleheart-legacy.html#tk.rss_all>
Chris Holt, TechHive

> Battleheart Legacy is easily one of the best apps out there, and my early vote for game of the year.

*** Finder Tags ***
<http://mattgemmell.com/finder-tags/>
Matt Gemmell

> I’ve always struggled to use tagging systems. My tendency is to over-apply tags, resulting in hundreds of different ones in use, barely providing more retrieval value than just searching by the file’s contents. Since everything is constantly indexed on modern operating systems, I see tags as more of an organisational and categorisation system.
> I’ve found a simple tagging system that seems to work for me, and I thought I’d share it with you.

*** The Novice's Guide To Excellent Mac Backups ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/06/18/the-novice-s-guide-to-excellent-mac-backups/?utm_source=loopinsight.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+loopinsight%2FKqJb+(The+Loop)&utm_content=FeedBurner>
TJ Luoma, TUAW

> Everyone knows they are supposed to back up, but maybe you aren't sure what you should do or how you should do it. I'm here to help.

*** Apple’s New $1,099 iMac Is A MacBook Air In A Desktop’s Body ***
<http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/06/apples-new-1099-imac-is-a-macbook-air-in-a-desktops-body/>
Andrew Cunningham, Ars Technica

> 21.5-inch entry-level model saves you $200 but loses quite a bit of power.

*** Is Coding The New Literacy? ***
<http://www.motherjones.com/media/2014/06/computer-science-programming-code-diversity-sexism-education?src=longreads>
Tasneem Raja, Mother Jones