[MyAppleMenu] Jun 13, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jun 13 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Review: Cloak 2 VPN For OS X And iOS ***
<http://www.technologytell.com/apple/136363/cloak-2-vpn-os-x-ios-review/>
Aaron Kraus, TechnologyTell

> Security and privacy are topics that more everyday users are becoming familiar with, so it’s great to see an app like Cloak that makes adding security simple.

*** Inside Apple's Chic New Tokyo Store ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/13/5806242/apple-store-omotesando-tokyo-opening>
Sam Byford, The Verge

> The ninth in Japan overall, the latest store is located in the leafy Omotesando shopping district, where it shares a street with the likes of Louis Vuitton and Gucci.

*** Apple Starts Exchange Program For iPhone Adapters That Could Overheat ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/mac/apple-starts-exchange-program-for-iphone-adapters-that-could-overheat-3524859/>
Loek Essers, IDG News Service

> The affected models are the European USB power adapters supplied with the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, shipped between Oct. 2009 and Sept. 2012 in 37 countries, the company said Friday. They were also sold separately as accessories, it said.

*** Tweetbot 3.4 Adds Support For Multiple Twitter Images ***
<http://www.macstories.net/news/tweetbot-3-4-adds-support-for-multiple-twitter-images/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

*** Share: The Icon No One Agrees On ***
<https://bold.pixelapse.com/minming/share-the-icon-no-one-agrees-on>
Min Ming Lo

> Sharing to a social network or via email is a ubiquitous action nowadays but designers have still not been able to reach a consensus on what symbol to use to represent it. Not only does each major platform use a different icon, but they've each witnessed changes over the years.

*** The “A&P” Problem ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2014/06/stuart_dybek_s_short_story_collections_ecstatic_cahoots_and_paper_lantern.html>
Charles Finch, Slate

> Can Stuart Dybek, an underappreciated master of the American short story, overcome the limitations of the American short story?

*** Life, After ***
<http://nymag.com/health/bestdoctors/2014/miles-obrien-2014-6/?mid=longreads>
Miles O’Brien, New York Magazine

> Denial is powerful. It can be a crucial coping tool when experiencing loss or trauma, but it also can unmoor you from reality. From the time I lost most of my left arm in February, I was living in that parallel universe, one where I’d power through, barely acknowledging the amputation—until I went for a run on the sunny afternoon of April 6.

*** It’s Tartt—But Is It Art? ***
<http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2014/07/goldfinch-donna-tartt-literary-criticism>
Evgenia Peretz, Vanity Fair