[MyAppleMenu] Jun 6, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jun 6 18:59:01 EDT 2014

*** Apple Steps Up Campaign To Woo China Developers ***
<http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-06/apple-steps-up-campaign-to-woo-china-developers.html>
Adam Satariano, Bloomberg

> Apple is now mounting a furious campaign to woo more developers in China, in a bid to replicate an ecosystem of games and other widgets that has helped it drive iPhone and iPad sales in the U.S. and elsewhere. Since 2011, Apple has steadily beefed up its developer-relations team in China so new apps can be approved in the country, and it has opened a new office in downtown Beijing where the China App Store is operated. Apple has also smoothed the process for how customers buy apps in China, and built new Chinese-language-specific software to benefit developers.

*** Mac OS X Yosemite Under The Magnifying Glass ***
<https://bold.pixelapse.com/minming/mac-os-x-yosemite-under-the-magnifying-glass>
Min Ming Lo, Pixelapse

> There are still many rough edges in the new OS but overall I am really excited about the visual direction that Mac OS X Yosemite is taking. It demonstrates a more mature and subtle approach in adapting iOS 7 design language.

*** Network Prioritization Tips In OS X ***
<http://www.macissues.com/2014/06/05/network-prioritization-tips-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, MacIssues

*** GoPro iOS App Finally Gets Completely Redesigned For iOS 7 ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/06/05/gopro-ios-app-finally-gets-completely-redesigned-for-ios-7/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Jordan Kahn, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Gastronomic Bigotry ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2014/06/ethnic_restaurants_and_food_poisoning_the_subtle_racism_of_saying_chinese.html>
Andrew Simmons, Slate