[MyAppleMenu] Jul 17, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Jul 17 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Google Releases Official Analytics App For iPhone With Real Time Reports ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/07/17/google-releases-official-analytics-app-for-iphone-with-real-time-reports/>
Mark Gurman, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Apple ID Two-step Verification Feature Rolls Out To Dozens Of New Countries ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/07/17/apple-id-two-step-verification-feature-rolls-out-to-dozens-of-new-countries/>
Mark Gurman, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Apple Launches iTunes Pass In The U.S., UK, Australia And More ***
<http://www.imore.com/apple-launches-itunes-pass-us>
Harish Jonnalagadda, iMore

> Adding funds via iTunes Pass is faster than buying a physical gift card, and should be a useful feature for those who are looking to quickly add funds to their App Store account.

*** Apple Looks To Status-Hungry Vietnam For Growth: Southeast Asia ***
<http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-15/apple-looks-to-status-hungry-vietnam-for-growth-southeast-asia.html>
John Boudreau and Nguyen Kieu Giang, Bloomberg

> Bich Ngoc, who earns less than $60 a week and has a newborn son, cobbled together four months of savings to buy the latest iPhone so she could impress her colleagues who have older versions of the device.
> “I like the iPhone because it is small, light and very delicate,” said Ngoc, a 24-year-old accountant in Hanoi who purchased the device last week. “Everyone seems a bit jealous.”

*** Review: Overcast Is A Winning Podcast App ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2454285/review-overcast-is-a-winning-podcast-app.html>
Jason Snell, Macworld

> A carefully designed and extremely functional podcast player highlighted by excellent and flexible playlists.

*** Overcast Review ***
<http://www.macstories.net/reviews/overcast-review/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Overcast proves that an established app category is always ripe for innovation with the right technologies, ideas, and taste. I've tried many podcast apps over the years, but Overcast, thanks to its unique features and elegant design, is my new favorite.

*** The Winter Of Weird Al ***
<http://grantland.com/features/weird-al-yankovic-mandatory-fun-review-career/?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email>
Steven Hyden, Grantland