[MyAppleMenu] Jul 16, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Jul 16 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** 15+ Reasons Apple Is Best For Accessibility ***
<http://blogs.computerworld.com/healthcare-it/24140/15-reasons-apple-best-accessibility>
Jonny Evans, Computerworld

> Apple engineers, "go to extraordinary lengths to make our products accessible to people with various disabilities from blindness and deafness to various muscular disorders," said CEO, Tim Cook.

*** Apple Joins With IBM On Business Software ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/16/technology/apple-and-ibm-in-broad-software-deal-for-businesses.html?_r=0>
Brian X. Chen and Steve Lohr, New York Times

> The partnership, analysts said, also should help both companies woo software developers, who are increasingly focusing their efforts on mobile and cloud applications.

*** Five Classic Paul McCartney Albums Given New Lease Of Life As iPad Apps ***
<http://www.imore.com/five-classic-paul-mccartney-albums-given-new-lease-life-ipad-apps>
Rich Edmonds, iMore

*** SnapNDrag Pro 3.5.6 Review: A Superb Mac App For Organizing And Annotating Your Screenshots ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2453865/snapndrag-pro-3-5-6-review-a-superb-mac-app-for-organizing-and-annotating-your-screenshots.html#tk.rss_all>
Jeffery Battersby, Macworld

> Smart and simple to use, SnapNDrag is a superb screen capture app.

*** Nine Things Everyone Should Know How To Do With A Presentation App ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2452947/nine-things-everyone-should-know-how-to-do-with-a-presentation-app.html#tk.rss_all>
Franklin Tessler, Macworld

*** Swift Language Changes In Xcode 6 Beta 3 ***
<https://developer.apple.com/swift/blog/?id=3>
Apple Swift Blog

*** Confessions Of An Ex-developer ***
<http://mattgemmell.com/confessions-of-an-ex-developer/>
Matt Gemmell

> The implacable, crushing wheels of industry, slow to move because of their size, have at last arrived on the frontier. <i>Our</i> frontier, or at least yours now.

*** Apple, IBM Launch Partnership For Mobile Enterprise Apps, Services, More ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2454500/apple-ibm-launch-partnership-for-mobile-enterprise-apps-services-more.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Moren, Macworld

> “For the first time ever we’re putting IBM’s renowned big data analytics at iOS users’ fingertips, which opens up a large market opportunity for Apple,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said in the companies’ joint press release. “This is a radical step for enterprise and something that only Apple and IBM can deliver.”

*** Apple Begins Encrypting iCloud Email Sent Between Providers ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/07/15/apple-begins-encrypting-icloud-email-sent-between-providers/>
Jordan Kahn, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Raw Beef: Chopped Or Pounded, It’s Making A Comeback In Restaurants ***
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/raw-beef-chopped-or-pounded-its-making-a-comeback-in-restaurants/2014/07/14/9d42537a-05e9-11e4-bbf1-cc51275e7f8f_story.html>
Maura Judkis, Washington Post

> Diners are rediscovering the pleasures of a plate of velvety raw meat, as steak tartare makes a comeback (along with its Italian cousin, carpaccio).

*** Why Do We Have Blood Types? ***
<http://mosaicscience.com/story/why-do-we-have-blood-types?_sm_au_=iVVclrmnM5F33sSs>
Carl Zimmer, Mosaic