[MyAppleMenu] Jan 23, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Jan 23 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** New Pixelmator Update Targets The Mac Pro ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2084973/new-pixelmator-update-targets-the-mac-pro.html#tk.rss_all>
Jackie Dove, Macworld

> Version 3.1 takes advantage of the Mac Pro's hardware to hasten performance and supports full input, output, and conversion of 16-bit images when used on a Mac Pro.

*** iTunes 11 Update Includes Feature To View Wish List In Your Library; But No One Can Find It ***
<http://www.mcelhearn.com/itunes-11-update-includes-feature-to-view-wish-list-in-your-library-but-no-one-can-find-it/>
Kirk McElhearn, Kirkville

*** Fotor For Mac Review - Capable Photo Editor That Costs Nothing ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/finance/fotor-for-mac-review-3498226/>
Duncan Evans, Macworld UK

*** Review: How Cloud Photo Services Match Up ***
<http://phys.org/news/2014-01-cloud-photo.html>
San Jose Mercury News

*** Best Calendar Apps For Mac: Fantastical, BusyCal, QuickCal, And More! ***
<http://periscopepost.com/technology-22/best-calendar-apps-for-mac-fantastical-busycal-quickcal-and-more-2767.html>
Periscope Post

*** Why Is It So Hard To Write A Decent Ending? ***
<http://io9.com/why-is-it-so-hard-to-write-a-decent-ending-1506821748>
Charlie Jane Anders, Io9

> We expect a lot from endings — and we have every right to.

*** Pocket Adds AirPlay Support For Streaming Saved Videos To Apple TV ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/22/5335234/pocket-ios-app-adds-airplay-support>
Chris Welch, The Verge

*** Twitterrific 5.6 With Live Streaming ***
<http://www.macstories.net/reviews/twitterrific-5-6-with-live-streaming/>
Cody Fink, MacStories

*** WerYoo Is A New Social Photography App With Some Appealing Features ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/01/22/weryoo-is-a-new-social-photography-app-with-some-appealing-featu/?ncid=rss_truncated>
Mel Martin, TUAW

*** Instacast 4.2 Adds News Mode To Combat Podcast Overflow ***
<http://www.imore.com/instacast-42-adds-news-mode-combat-podcast-overflow>
Joseph Keller, iMore

> Turning on News Mode for a podcast marks old episodes as played and deletes any downloaded media once a new episode becomes available.

*** Apple Promises To Fix iOS 7 'White Screen Of Death' ***
<http://mashable.com/2014/01/22/iphone-screen-of-death/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-apple-link>
Adario Strange, Mashable

> "We have a fix in an upcoming software update for a bug that can occasionally cause a home screen crash," Apple spokesperson Trudy Muller told <i>Mashable</i>.

*** iTunes 11.1.4 Lets You See Your Wish List In Your Library, Improves Language Support ***
<http://www.imore.com/itunes-1114-lets-you-see-your-wish-list-your-library-improves-language-support>
Joseph Keller, iMore

> Apple released iTunes 11.1.4 today, adding the ability to see your Wish List in your iTunes library. It also includes better support for Arabic and Hebrew, along with some stability fixes.

*** Why Television Needs A New Cosby Show ***
<http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/01/22/bill_cosby_returning_to_nbc_for_new_sitcom_his_timing_could_not_be_better.html>
Willa Paskin, Slate

> Twenty-two years after he left television, Bill Cosby remains one of the few people who can get a black family show on a network again.

*** An Extra 2 Seconds Means The World ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/23/books/perfect-a-novel-an-eerie-look-at-life-via-a-childs-eyes.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Janet Maslin, New York Times

> Ms. Joyce builds her novel around two 11-year-old English boys who have heard that the year 1972 will be two seconds longer than other years and wonder about the cosmic consequences this change may have. It should go without saying that Ms. Joyce makes the two seconds matter a great deal.

*** Old McDonald’s ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/22/opinion/old-mcdonalds.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Stacy Torres, New York Times