[MyAppleMenu] Jan 11, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Jan 11 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Privacy Advocates Worry Over New Apple iPhone Tracking Feature ***
<http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/privacy-advocates-worry-over-new-apple-iphone-tracking-feature-161836223.html>
Aaron Pressman, Yahoo Finance

*** Command-C: A Clever Clipboard-sharing Tool For Your Mac And iOS Device ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/01/10/command-c-a-clever-clipboard-sharing-tool-for-your-mac-and-ios/>
Kelly Hodgkins, TUAW

> Command-C is a new clipboard utility for the Mac and iOS from Danilo Torrisi that allows you to share text snippets and images between the devices. It uses a local WiFi connection so your data doesn't leave your internal network and leverages iOS 7's background notification system to make the sharing drop-dead easy.

*** Popular CloudApp Mac App Gets An Impressive Update To 2.0 ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/01/popular-cloudapp-mac-app-gets-an-impressive-update-to-2-0>
Joe White, AppAdvice

> CloudApp is a service that I use every day to share screenshots between my iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It’s simple, quick, and hassle-free, and best of all the service has an updated Mac application that promises to make the process even better than before.

*** Sidekick 4 (For Mac) ***
<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2429403,00.asp>
William Fenton, PC Magazine

> For every location you frequent—your home, workplace, or favorite diner—you can configure profiles that automatically adjust system settings when you open your laptop. Perhaps your keychain locks at the diner, your default printer changes at work, or iTunes launches when you return home.

*** Useful OS X Troubleshooting Utilities For The New Year ***
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57617070-263/useful-os-x-troubleshooting-utilities-for-the-new-year/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

> While OS X includes some robust tools for troubleshooting, there are a number of third-party tools that can help tackle problems or simply give you a better understanding of how OS X functions.

*** Instantly Close All Safari Tabs In iOS 7 For iPad & iPhone ***
<http://osxdaily.com/2014/01/10/close-all-safari-tabs-ios/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+osxdaily+%28OS+X+Daily%29>
OS X Daily

> This instantly closes out all tabs open in Safari, while simultaneously placing the user into Private Browsing mode.

*** How To Access Google Play Music, TV Shows And Movies On Your iOS Device ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/01/10/how-to-access-google-play-music-tv-shows-and-movies-on-your-io/?ncid=rss_truncated>
Kelly Hodgkins, TUAW

*** The Strange, Shady World Of $1,000 iOS Apps ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/01/10/the-strange-shady-world-of-1-000-ios-apps/?ncid=rss_truncated>
Mike Wehner, TUAW

> Once the app has reached its highest point, the developer drops the price back to one- and two-dollar range, and it gets at least a few hours of top-app sales before disappearing back into the ether. Whether the $3,000 investment is worth the eventual payoff depends on its performance during this relatively small window.

*** For World Literature ***
<http://publicbooks.org/fiction/for-world-literature>
Caroline Levine, Public Books

> In this story of an ever-broadening canon, the study of world literature makes perfect sense. It is simply the latest chapter in the larger story of the widening horizons of literary study. Yet world literature has prompted an awful lot of hand-wringing. Isn’t it absurd to try to study the literature of the entire world?

*** Mystical Pizza: ‘A Highly Unlikely Scenario,’ By Rachel Cantor ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/books/review/a-highly-unlikely-scenario-by-rachel-cantor.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Lydia Netzer, New York Times

> In a not-too-distant future, in a world much like our own, a young man sits in a white room, answering a white phone, listening. In his world, fast-food chains and political philosophies are one. Jack-o-Bites chefs and Whiggery Piggery employees brawl with kebab sticks in the public square, and neo-Baconians keep safe houses to protect themselves from the Cathars at the Strawberry Parfait. At the center of it all, Leonard, a customer-service rep for a Pythagorean pizza company, must save the world by time traveling and speaking to historical figures through the Neetsa Pizza support line.

*** The Saturday Poem: 53° 09'33.17" N, 0° 25'33.18" W ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/jan/11/53-09-33-17-n-0-25-33-18-w-rory-waterman>
Rory Waterman, The Guardian