[MyAppleMenu] Jan 10, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jan 10 18:59:01 EST 2014

*** Kobo Books E-Reading App Turns A New Page, Updated To Version 7.0 For iOS 7 ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/01/kobo-books-e-reading-app-turns-a-new-page-updated-to-version-7-0-for-ios-7>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Apple Devices Flow Into Corporate World ***
<http://online.wsj.com/news/article_email/SB10001424052702304244904579278560822979176-lMyQjAxMTA0MDAwOTEwNDkyWj>
Daisuke Wakabayashi, Wall Street Journal

> Apple won about 8% of global business and government spending on computers and tablets in 2012, Forrester Research says, up from 1% in 2009. The numbers exclude the iPhone, which may be the most widely purchased Apple product by corporate customers. It is often Apple's gateway into a business.

*** Capturing The Now With Kennedy ***
<http://www.macstories.net/reviews/capturing-the-now-with-kennedy/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Kennedy is not a full-featured journaling app and is no replacement for Day One. However, I'm intrigued by the app's simple interaction of pressing a button to capture your context, and I think it's an especially relevant topic now, as our devices have access to a variety of sensors and data sources with information about our surroundings and ourselves.

*** Software In 2014 ***
<http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/201x/2014/01/01/Software-in-2014>
Tim Bray

> Maybe we’re stuck with clients-in-triplicate for the long haul.

*** On Loins ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/life/culturebox/2014/01/wikipedia_s_penis_and_vagina_pages_their_colorful_history_and_popular_present.single.html>
Ben Blatt, Slate

*** Last Words ***