[MyAppleMenu] Aug 15, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Aug 15 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Best Mac Apps For Photo Editing ***
<http://www.imore.com/best-mac-apps-photo-editing?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter>
Peter Cohen, iMore

*** Notebook 4 Review: Notetaking Mac App Gets An Updated, Streamlined Interface ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2465660/notebook-4-review-notetaking-mac-app-gets-an-updated-streamlined-interface.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#tk.rss_all>
Michael Simon, Macworld

> It hasn’t completely abandoned its classic skeumorphic interface, but it has streamlined the whole process in wonderful ways, making features new and old seem fresh and modern.

*** Apple Adds China Telecom As Data Center Provider ***
<http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/08/15/apple-adds-china-telecom-as-data-center-provider/#9to5mac>
Lorraine Luk, Wall Street Journal

> In its latest effort to dispel security concerns raised by China, Apple has begun storing its users’ data in China on state-controlled China Telecom’s Internet-based storage.
> But the company said Friday in a statement to The Wall Street Journal that all data stored is encrypted, meaning China Telecom won’t have access to its content.

*** How To Enable And Disable Notification Badges On The Mac ***
<http://www.imore.com/how-enable-and-disable-notification-badges-mac>
Peter Cohen, iMore

*** Vimeo For iOS Updated With Video Uploading, Private Sharing And Friend Finding ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/08/vimeo-for-ios-updated-with-video-uploading-private-sharing-and-friend-finding>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Apple Interviews Tom Hanks Via Twitter About His New Hanx Typewriter iPad App ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/08/14/apple-interviews-tom-hanks-via-twitter-about-his-new-hanx-typewriter-ipad-app/>
Zac Hall, 9 To 5 Mac

*** By Request: The Mac Gamer ***
<http://2-dimensions.com/2014/08/14/by-request-the-mac-gamer/>
Jeremy Parish, GameSpite.net

*** Best Restaurant Finding Apps For iPhone: Explore Different Foods All Over The World! ***
<http://www.imore.com/best-restaurant-finding-apps-iphone-explore-different-foods-all-over-world>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

> No matter was kind of taste you have when it comes to food, these are the absolute best iPhone apps to help you find amazing restaurants almost anywhere!

*** With VacayCam, DogVacay Users Can Take Photos Of Their Dogs On Vacation ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/08/with-vacaycam-dogvacay-users-can-take-photos-of-their-dogs-on-vacation>
Bryan M. Wolfe, AppAdvice

> With VacayCam, you can take a photo of your dog while they are on their vacation. At the same time, a sound such as a bark, meow, or squeaky toy will be emitted, grabbing your dog’s attention and ensuring top quality photos every time.

*** Email Is Still The Best Thing On The Internet ***
<http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/08/why-email-will-never-die/375973/?single_page=true&utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email>
Alexis C. Madrigal, The Atlantic

> The gentle, dependable workhorse that everyone relies on and nobody owns.

*** Stop Being A Tourist ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/13/5997799/tourists-suck?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email>
Thomas Ricker, The Verge

> An ode to the loss of serendipity.

*** Against Happiness: Why We Need A Philosophy Of Failure ***
<http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/philosophy/against-happiness-why-we-need-a-philosophy-of-failure>
Andy Martin, Prospect