[MyAppleMenu] Sep 30, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Sep 30 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Adding Subscribed Calendars To Your iOS Device ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2050349/adding-subscribed-calendars-to-your-ios-device.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** New Update Adds Another Pocketful Of Improvements To Pocket Casts Podcast App ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/09/new-update-adds-another-pocketful-of-improvements-to-pocket-casts-podcast-app>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** In-store Pickup For iPhone 5S Returns To Apple’s Online Store, Availability Limited ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/30/in-store-pickup-for-iphone-5s-returns-to-apples-online-store-availability-limited/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Benjamin Mayo, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Worth Less Than A Cup Of Coffee ***
<http://floriankugler.com/blog/2013/9/30/worth-less-than-a-cup-of-coffee>
Florian Kugler

> We pour all our creativity, time, and passion into creating basically worthless products.

*** Judge Tosses Apple Motion, Allows Patent Troll Lodsys To Continue Rampage ***
<http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/09/judge-tosses-apple-motion-allows-patent-troll-lodsys-to-continue-rampage/>
Joe Mullin, Ars Technica

> The East Texas judge overseeing Lodsys' systematic patent attack on app developers has refused to even consider Apple's motion. Instead, he allowed the patent-holding company to settle all its cases—and then dismissed Apple's motion as moot. By doing so, US District Judge Rodney Gilstrap—who has inherited the patent-happy East Texas court that once belonged to patent-troll favorite T. John Ward—has enabled Lodsys to threaten developers for months, and perhaps even years, to come.

*** Trine 2 Review: Mac Game Offers Gorgeous Adventure, Brain-twisting Puzzles ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2049388/trine-2-review-mac-game-offers-gorgeous-adventure-brain-twisting-puzzles.html#tk.rss_all>
Nathan Alderman, Macworld

*** Keeping Your Laptop Plugged In All The Time Will Kill Its Battery Faster ***
<http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/09/laptop-battery/>
Roberto Baldwin, Wired

*** Doctor Sleep By Stephen King – Review ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/sep/30/doctor-sleep-stephen-king-review>
Sam Leith, The Guardian

> Storytelling is everything – and by golly does he know how to carry the reader.

*** “The Night Guest”: The Lady And The Tiger ***
<http://www.salon.com/2013/09/29/the_night_guest_the_lady_and_the_tiger/>
Laura Miller, Salon

> Fiona McFarlane’s first novel, “The Night Guest,” is a little bit ghost story, a little bit crime fiction and a whole lot unsettling.

*** Sleeping Keys By Jean Sprackland – Review ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/sep/29/jean-sprackland-sleeping-keys-poetry>
Kate Kellaway, The Guardian