[MyAppleMenu] Nov 25, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Nov 25 18:59:00 EST 2013

*** Apple Confirms Acquisition Of 3-D Sensor Startup PrimeSense ***
<http://allthingsd.com/20131124/apple-confirms-acquisition-of-3d-sensor-startup-primesense/>
Mike Isaac and John Paczkowski, All Things D

> Apple spokeswoman Kristin Huguet confirmed the PrimeSense deal with the boilerplate comment the company typically provides when news of one of its acquisitions leaks: “Apple buys smaller technology companies from time to time, and we generally do not discuss our purpose or plans.”

> PrimeSense became widely known in the sensor technology space for its early work with Microsoft’s Kinect gaming product, which uses cameras and depth sensors to capture players’ motions and incorporate them into Xbox gameplay. (Microsoft now deploys its own homegrown sensor technology for the current generation of Kinect devices, which ship with the recently launched Xbox One.)

*** If You Take Photos And Videos With Your iPad, The MirrorCase Is Handy ***
<http://appledailyreport.com/if-you-take-photos-and-videos-with-your-ipad-the-mirrorcase-is-handy/>
Dennis Sellers, Apple Daily Report

> It uses a mirror (made of Gorilla Glass with an anti-reflective coating) to reflect back any image in front of the Apple tablet so you can capture images and video from a more natural angle.

*** Ness Dining Guide Now Recommends Restaurants For You And Your Friends ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/11/ness-dining-guide-now-recommends-restaurants-for-you-and-your-friends>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> To get restaurant recommendations for you and your friends, tap the new “Add a Person” icon at the top of the app’s home screen. You’re then prompted to include anyone you’re following on Ness, whereupon the app generates recommendations based on your preferences plus those of your friends.

*** Half An Operating System: The Triumph And Tragedy Of OS/2 ***
<http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/11/half-an-operating-system-the-triumph-and-tragedy-of-os2/>
Jeremy Reimer, Ars Technica

> It was a cloudy Seattle day in late 1980, and Bill Gates, the young chairman of a tiny company called Microsoft, had an appointment with IBM that would shape the destiny of the industry for decades to come.

*** Poem Of The Week: Cradle Song At Twilight By Alice Meynell ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2013/nov/25/poem-of-the-week-alice-meynell>
Carol Rumens, The Guardian