[MyAppleMenu] Nov 21, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Nov 21 18:59:00 EST 2013

*** Importing Media Into iMovie 10 ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2065468/importing-media-into-imovie-10.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** iMovie For iOS 2 Review: Updated Video App Slow-mos Its Way To Greatness ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2064503/imovie-for-ios-2-review-updated-video-app-slow-mos-its-way-to-greatness.html#tk.rss_all>
Serenity Caldwell, Macworld

> iMovie for iOS remains as easy as ever for cutting together quick films, and now Apple has also simplified both the organization and the sharing of stand-alone clips.

*** Two iOS Twitter Apps Compared: Twitterrific Vs. Tweetbot ***
<http://www.mcelhearn.com/two-ios-twitter-apps-compared-twitterrific-vs-tweetbot/>
Kirk McElhearn, Kirkville

*** Mactracker 7.2.1 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14314?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

> Ian Page has released Mactracker 7.2, which adds the full slate of recent Mac and iOS releases to the popular encyclopedia of Apple products.

*** Mailplane 3.1 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14311?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

> Uncomplex has released Mailplane 3.1 with a number of improvements to the Gmail-specific email client. The update now enables you to switch between an unlimited number of Gmail accounts.

*** Chasing Mavericks: 8 Great OS X Tips ***
<http://blogs.computerworld.com/mac-os-x/23165/chasing-mavericks-8-great-os-x-tips>
Jonny Evans, Computerworld

*** Apple MacBook Pro 13In Review (Late-2013) ***
<http://www.itpro.co.uk/laptops/21056/apple-macbook-pro-13in-review-late-2013>
Khidr Suleman, IT Pro

> A fantastic all-roundmachine with a brilliant battery life, the 13in MacBook Pro is definitely worth the investment if you're constantly on the move and need HDMI and Thunderbolt ports.

*** How To Change The Keyboard Language In OS X ***
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57613240-263/how-to-change-the-keyboard-language-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

*** Hatch For iPhone Delivers Playful Tamagotchi-like Experience To iOS ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/11/20/hatch-for-iphone-delivers-playful-tamagotchi-like-experience-to-ios-review/>
Zac Hall, 9 To 5 Mac

> But for whom is Hatch intended? Potentially anyone with a heart and an iPhone, but for me it’s appeal is in picking up a light-hearted memory from my preteen years.

*** Apple & The Art Of Blowing Things Up ***
<http://kensegall.com/2013/11/apple-the-art-of-blowing-things-up/>
Ken Segall's Observatory

> With the new iWork apps, Tim Cook has pulled a classic Steve move. He’s betting that a brand-new suite of streamlined 64-bit apps, unified across iPhone, iPad and Mac, will create a far happier user experience in the future — no matter what kind of criticism he hears today.

*** iMovie For Mac Update Enables Installation On Some Older Systems, Fixes Reliability Issues ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/11/20/imovie-for-mac-update-enables-installation-on-some-older-systems-fixes-reliability-issues/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Mike Beasley, 9 To 5 Mac

*** iBank 5 For The Mac Available From IGG Software ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/11/20/ibank-5-for-the-mac-available-from-igg-software/>
Kelly Hodgkins, TUAW

> The updated version of the Quicken alternative brings new features such as BillPay and support for IGG's exclusive Direct Access banking service.

*** Parallels 9 Bundle: 8 Great Apps For The $79.99 Price Of Parallels 9 Alone (82% Off) ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/11/20/parallels-9-bundle-8-great-apps-for-the-79-99-price-of-parallels-9-alone-82-off/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Seth Weintraub, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Tweetbot For Mac Updated With Smoother Scrolling, Quick-reply Via Notifications ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/11/20/tweetbot-for-mac-updated-with-smoother-scrolling-quick-reply-via-notifications/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Mark Gurman, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Tumblr iOS App Completely Redesigned For iOS 7 ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/11/20/tumblr-ios-app-completely-redesigned-for-ios-7/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Jordan Kahn, 9 To 5 Mac

*** iPad Mini With Retina Display Review ***
<http://www.imore.com/ipad-mini-retina-display-review>
Rene Ritchie, iMore

*** Muse Review: Mac App Makes Pandora Even Easier ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2063393/muse-review-mac-app-makes-pandora-even-easier.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

> Do you love Pandora? No, not just enjoy it, but really love it? If so, $5 and a Mac buys you Industrious One’s Muse, a desktop Pandora player that gives you all the Pandora goodness you’d find in a web browser, and a worthwhile bit more.

*** The Book That Cured Me Of JFK Conspiracies Once And For All ***
<http://www.latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-et-jc-book-jfk-conspiracies-cure-20131120,0,928971.story#axzz2lFpBqhxX>
Hector Tobar, Los Angeles Times

> I was cured of my conspiracy-theory fever forever. A single book was the antidote.

*** Weighing Up The Virtues Of Long Novels ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2013/nov/20/long-novels-aristotle-proust>
Richard Lea, The Guardian

> I blame Proust, or at least last week's tributes to his massive achievement. But after waxing lyrical over the pleasures of a novel big enough to contain the world, I was brought up short by Aristotle's bold assertion in the Poetics that when it comes to writing, bigger is better.

*** Imagining The Post-Antibiotics Future ***
<https://medium.com/p/892b57499e77>
Maryn McKena, Medium

> After 85 years, antibiotics are growing impotent. So what will medicine, agriculture and everyday life look like if we lose these drugs entirely?

*** The Nakeds Next Door ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/21/garden/the-nakeds-next-door.html?emc=rss&partner=rss&_r=0>
Steven Kurutz, New York Times