[MyAppleMenu] Mar 6, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Mar 6 18:59:00 EST 2013

**** How To Refresh The Launchpad In OS X ****
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57572544-263/how-to-refresh-the-launchpad-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

> If you find programs are missing from Apple's Launchpad, there are a couple of ways to restore them.

**** What To Do After You’ve Been Hacked ****
<http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/03/what-to-do-after-youve-been-hacked>
Mat Honan, Wired

> Whether you were hacked, phished, had malware installed or just don’t know what the heck happened but there’s somebody all up in your e-mail, here are a few good first steps to take following an incident. This is by no means comprehensive, but it’s a good start.

**** Nimbuzz Messenger 3.0 Brings Group Chat Support And Improved Twitter Integration ****
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/03/nimbuzz-messenger-3-0-brings-group-chat-support-and-improved-twitter-integration>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

**** AppleTV Review ****
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/digitallifestyle/reviews/?reviewid=3432898&olo=rss>
Cliff Joseph, Macworld UK

> Until Apple is prepared to take the blinkers off and provide access to a wider variety of apps and services the AppleTV only has limited appeal for users outside the US.

**** An Embarrassing Bug In Mac App Sandboxing ****
<http://blog.jmfd.me/an-embarrassing-bug-in-mac-app-sandboxing/>
Jonathan Deutsch, [self setNeedsDisplay:YES];

**** Most Popular Desktop Search Application: Alfred ****
<http://lifehacker.com/5988566/most-popular-desktop-search-application-alfred>
Alan Henry, Lifehacker

**** Review: Apple iMac 21.5In ****
<http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Review/335370,review-apple-imac-215in.aspx>
Mike Jennins, PC & Tech Authority

**** Modbook 2.0: The Original Mac Tablet Gets A Makeover ****
<http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/03/review-here-comes-the-new-modbook-the-original-mac-tablet-redux/>
Jacqui Cheng, Ars Technica

**** Apple MacBook Pro Retina Display (15″): Review ****
<http://delimiter.com.au/2013/03/06/apple-macbook-pro-retina-display-15-review/>
Delimiter

> It’s got solid battery life for its class, it’s got all of the inputs most people will ever use, and it’s got powerful guts which just got stronger courtesy of Apple’s February 2013 update. Of course, there are quite a few laptops out there which have these features. But what those laptops don’t have is the superlative high-resolution display which the MacBook Pro with Retina Display has, and which will change your view of how good laptop displays can be forever. Coupled with Apple’s trademark build quality, this makes this model top of the class.

**** How To Clean Printers In OS X ****
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57572509-263/how-to-clean-printers-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

> A hidden option in the OS X print system may allow you to toggle the option to clean your printer's heads.

**** Apple Launches $1099 21.5-Inch iMac With 3.3 GHz Dual-Core I3 Processor For Educational Institutions ****
<http://www.macrumors.com/2013/03/05/apple-launches-1099-21-5-inch-imac-with-3-3-ghz-dual-core-i3-processor-for-educational-institutions/>
Eric Slivka, MacRumors

**** Apple Releases iBooks 3.1 With Support For iBookstore In Japan, Local Content & Improvements For Reading Asian Language Books ****
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/03/05/apple-releases-ibooks-3-1-with-support-for-ibookstore-in-japan-local-content-improvements-for-reading-asian-language-books/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Jordan Kahn, 9 To 5 Mac

**** MacHash Apple News Aggregator Gets 4.0 Update ****
<http://www.macstories.net/news/machash-apple-news-aggregator-gets-4-0-update/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macstoriesnet+%28MacStories%29>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

**** How I Ended Up With Mac ****
<http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2013/Mar-05.html>
Miguel de Icaza

Also:
• <a href="http://threads2.scripting.com/2013/march/whyWindowsLostToMac">Why Windows lost to Mac</a> (Dave Winer, Scripting News)

**** Ferrari Puts I-Pad In Supercars As It Widens Apple Deal ****
<http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-05/ferrari-puts-i-pad-in-supercars-as-it-widens-apple-deal.html>
Tommaso Ebhardt, Bloomberg

> Ferrari, which today unveiled the 1 million euro hybrid model “LaFerrari,” is in talks with Apple about broadening a partnership on in-car entertainment, Di Montezemolo said today at the Geneva motor show. The new four-seater Ferrari model includes mini i-Pads on the passenger seats. Eddy Cue, Apple senior vice president overseeing online services, joined the Ferrari board last year.

**** How To Search For Text On A Web Page With Safari For iPhone And iPad ****
<http://www.imore.com/how-search-text-web-page-safari-iphone-and-ipad>
Allyson Kazmucha, IMore

**** A Vegetarian Food Tour In Shanghai ****
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/mar/05/vegetarian-food-tour-in-shanghai>
Frederika Whitehead, The Guardian

> Ask any vegetarian who's been to Asia about the food and they will tell you something along these lines: "I told them I was vegetarian and they offered me chicken" or: "I ordered vegetable noodles and they came with bits of pork in the broth" or even "I went to Asia a vegetarian but gave up and came back having eaten sparrow, dog and snake as well as beef and chicken."

**** A Former Omnivore Comes Out As Vegetarian ****
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/a-former-omnivore-comes-out-as-vegetarian/2013/03/04/4868316a-8054-11e2-8074-b26a871b165a_story.html>
Joe Yonan, Washington Post

> One interview subject, founder of an imitation-meat company, said something along the lines of, “The food editor of a major daily newspaper is vegetarian? This is huge!” And several food journalists have confessed, under their breath, that if it weren’t for their jobs, they’d do the same thing.

**** The Strange Power Of Les Mis, The Book ****
<http://www.newrepublic.com/article/112433/strange-power-les-mis-book#>
Paul Berman, New Republic