[MyAppleMenu] Jun 10, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Jun 10 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** How To Encrypt Your Email ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2041083/how-to-encrypt-your-email.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** Apple To Stream Live Video Of WWDC 2013 Keynote To Apple TV ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/10/apple-to-stream-live-video-of-wwdc-2013-keynote-to-apple-tv/>
Eric Slivka, MacRumors

> With just hours to go before today's keynote at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference kicks off, the company has brought back its "Apple Events" channel on the Apple TV, indicating that it will be streaming live video of the event.

*** Repurposing An Old iMac As A Monitor And Server ***
<http://www.zdnet.com/repurposing-an-old-imac-as-a-monitor-and-server-7000016585/>
David Morgenstern, ZDNet

*** Adobe Releases Lightroom 5 For $149 ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4413268/adobe-lightroom-5-pricing-availability-announcement>
Jeff Blagdon, The Verge

*** On WWDC Eve, Apple’s WWDC iOS App Updated (Again) With Video Playback Enhancements ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/09/on-wwdc-eve-apples-wwdc-ios-app-updated-again-with-video-playback-enhancements/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Mark Gurman, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Summers Fly, Winters Walk ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/books/2013/06/claudia_hammond_s_time_warped_reviewed.html>
Paul Ford, Slate

> Why does our perception of time change so dramatically from season to season and year to year?

*** The Secret To Being Both A Successful Writer And A Mother: Have Just One Kid ***
<http://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2013/06/the-secret-to-being-both-a-successful-writer-and-a-mother-have-just-one-kid/276642/>
Lauren Sandler, The Atlantic

> It was only when I was working on a book investigating what it means to have, and to be, an only child that I realized how many of the writers I revere had only children themselves. Alongside Sontag: Joan Didion, Mary McCarthy, Elizabeth Hardwick, Margaret Atwood, Ellen Willis, and more. Someone once asked Alice Walker if women (well, female artists) should have children. She replied, "They should have children—assuming this is of interest to them—but only one." Why? "Because with one you can move," she said. "With more than one you're a sitting duck."

*** After Newtown Shooting, Mourning Parents Enter Into The Lonely Quiet ***
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/after-newtown-shooting-mourning-parents-enter-into-the-lonely-quiet/2013/06/08/0235a882-cd32-11e2-9f1a-1a7cdee20287_story.html?src=longreads>
Eli Saslow, Washington Post