[MyAppleMenu] Jul 15, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Jul 15 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Apple To Investigate Reported iPhone 5 Shock Death ***
<http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1282777/apple-investigate-reported-iphone-5-shock-death>
Joanna Chiu and Ng Kang-chung, South China Morning Post

> Apple has promised to "fully investigate" reports that a woman was killed by an electric shock from her iPhone 5 while charging it at home.

> A spokeswoman for the technology company said: "We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the ... family. We will fully investigate and co-operate with authorities in this matter."

*** Serato Launches New Remote iPad App For Music Fans And DJs ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/serato-launches-new-remote-ipad-app-for-music-fans-and-djs>
Joe White, AppAdvice

*** Review: Speedy Networking Makes Apple's New AirPort Time Capsule A Good Buy ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2044247/review-speedy-networking-makes-apples-new-airport-time-capsule-a-good-buy.html#tk.rss_all>
Michael Brown, Macworld

> If you’ve purchased a new MacBook Air, you’ll get significantly better performance with the 802.11ac Time Capsule than you will with Apple's 802.11n Time Capsule. If you’re using an older Mac client with an 802.11n Wi-Fi adapter, my benchmarks indicate the new Time Capsule will also deliver much higher performance—provided Apple fixes the file-sharing issue, that is.

*** Roger Ebert’s Pilgrimage ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2013/07/roger_ebert_s_lost_book_the_perfect_london_walk_reviewed.html>
Katie Engelhart, Slate

> For all this, <i>The Perfect London Walk</i> is a terribly unusual book, one without any aspiration to timelessness. Or, perhaps, its authors trusted that London would remain timeless enough to render their book indefinitely useful.

*** Who Ruined The Humanities? ***
<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323823004578595803296798048.html>
Lee Siegel, Wall Street Journal