[MyAppleMenu] Jul 13, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Jul 13 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** How To Add Logic To Search Results In OS X ***
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57593549-263/how-to-add-logic-to-search-results-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

> You can greatly narrow search results in the Finder by adding logical operators to include and exclude specific files.

*** New MacBook Air Woe: Unstable Volume Settings ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/07/12/new-macbook-air-woe-unstable-volume-settings/>
Steven Sande, TUAW

*** Max Payne 3 Mac Review ***
<http://www.macgamerhq.com/reviews/max-payne-3-mac-review/>
Mac Gamer HQ

*** OneNote For iOS: How Does It Stack Up To Evernote? ***
<http://gigaom.com/2013/07/12/onenote-for-ios-how-does-it-stack-up-to-evernote/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OmMalik+%28GigaOM%3A+Tech%29>
Mark Crump, GigaOM

> It’s still missing one pretty big piece, but it’s also a really useful service for those who use both Mac and Windows.

*** What Developers Think Of Dropbox As An iCloud Alternative ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2044178/developers-on-dropbox-datastore-as-an-icloud-alternative.html#tk.rss_all>
Lex Friedman, Macworld

> Because of the way Dropbox works, it offers one other significant potential advantage over iCloud: Developers who are working with Datastore can actually peek directly at the syncing data on Dropbox’s servers as they test and build their apps, a level of visibility that iCloud simply hasn’t offered to date.

> <i>Macworld</i> spoke with several developers to get their thoughts on Datastore as compared to iCloud. Expectations are mixed.

*** The King Of Queens ***
<http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2013/07/11/the-king-of-queens/>
Tara Clancy, The Paris Review

> Squatting behind a bookshelf with a stolen cup of coffee, I tilted my head like a dog at a shadow. Ear to shoulder, eyebrow raised, I mouthed the title of a book I’d never seen before.

> K-I-N-G L-E-A-R.

> Huh. Must be some Knights of the Round Table type-a-thing, I figured.

*** Censoring The News Before It Happens ***
<http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2013/jul/10/censoring-news-before-happens-china/>
Perry Link, The New York Review Of Books