[MyAppleMenu] Aug 22, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Aug 22 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Find The Next Awesome Concert With Timbre 2.0, The Music Discovery App For iPhone ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/find-the-next-awesome-concert-with-timbre-2-0-the-music-discovery-app-for-iphone>
Bryan M. Wolfe, AppAdvice

*** Review: ReadQuick 1.5 Brings Speed-reading To The iPhone ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/08/22/review-readquick-1-5-brings-speed-reading-to-the-iphone/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Mike Beasley, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Can You Draw The Impossible Line In Chillingo's Newest Puzzle Game For iOS? ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/can-you-draw-the-impossible-line-in-chillingos-newest-puzzle-game-for-ios>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> The Impossible Line is as much a memory game as it is a line-drawing game.

*** Documents By Readdle Gets Photo Library Integration And Drag-and-drop In Latest Update ***
<http://www.imore.com/documents-readdle-gets-photo-library-integration-and-drag-and-drop-latest-update>
Richard Devine, iMore

*** Hands On With Hype 2'S Ten New Features ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2047164/hands-on-with-hype-2s-ten-new-features.html#tk.rss_all>
Serenity Caldwell, Macworld

> Hype 2 is a huge upgrade to an already-fantastic program, packing in ten new features (and more than a few tiny ones). I took Hype’s new version for a spin; here are some observations.

*** Award-Winning Puzzle Platformer Badland Bumps Into New Multiplayer Update ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/award-winning-puzzle-platformer-badland-bumps-into-new-multiplayer-update>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** How To Import And View Images In iPhoto ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2047171/how-to-import-and-view-images-in-iphoto.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** The Voice-Off: Android Vs. Siri ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/22/technology/personaltech/android-vs-siri-the-voice-recognition-sequel.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0>
David Pogue, New York Times

> Though Siri has the edge, the gap has closed substantially, and both systems are rapidly improving.

*** LIMBO For iOS Review: Shadow Play ***
<http://gearburn.com/2013/08/limbo-for-ios-review-shadow-play/>
Danny Greeff, Gearburn

> Graphically, LIMBO is deceptively simple looking at first glance. It is literally a 2D side scrolling platformer, but upon further inspection you’ll see that the landscape has incredible depth and objects like tree branches seem to pass right by your face sometimes, while other small animations take place in the distance, hinting at what is to come. Add to this the ominous soundtrack and you’ve got an addictive, highly entertaining title that is impossible to put down and difficult to get out of your head.

*** Yelp (For iPhone) ***
<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2353342,00.asp?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ziffdavis%2Fpcmag+%28PCMag.com%3A+New+Product+Reviews%29>
Sean Ludwig, Jill Duffy, PC Magazine

> The real selling point of the Yelp iPhone app is that it gives you succinct but essential information about businesses you might need or want to visit that are nearby. There's a lot more going on in the app, too, but it doesn't get in the way of the critical information put at the fore.

*** Best Handwriting Note Apps For iPad: Notability, Penultimate, Noteshelf, And More! ***
<http://www.imore.com/best-handwriting-apps-ipad-notability-penultimate-noteshelf-and-more>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

*** I Want To Make Love To You Like In The Movies. ***
<http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/i-want-to-make-love-to-you-like-in-the-movies>
Josh Gondelman, McSweeney's

> I want to go at it under the sheets no matter how hot it is. Our feet will extend past the end of the bed, even though you get no leverage that way. We will not notice any unexpected moles or embarrassing tattoos. Everything that happens will be sexy. There won’t be any gross sounds or sights. Just like in the movies, our sex will be tasteless and odorless.

*** Don’t You Dare Say "Disruptive" ***
<http://www.newrepublic.com/article/114125/disruption-silicon-valleys-worst-buzzword>
Judith Shulevitz, New Republic

> Sometimes buzzwords become so pervasive they’re almost inaudible, which is when we need to start listening to them. <i>Disruptive</i> is like that.

*** Under The Influence ***
<http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article08211301.aspx>
Nathaniel Popkin, The Smart Set

> But it turns out places don’t endure because of nostalgia; likewise, people don’t cling to them because they lack reason. Rather, place — physical space to which we ascribe meaning — holds a kind of perplexing, mysterious power.

*** The Dark Night Returns For Neil Gaiman ***
<http://www.citypages.com/2013-08-21/news/the-dark-night-returns-for-neil-gaiman/full/?src=longreads>
Tatiana Craine, City Pages