[MyAppleMenu] Aug 19, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Aug 19 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Popular Physics-Based Puzzler World Of Goo Finally Updated With iPhone 5 Support ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/popular-physics-based-puzzler-world-of-goo-finally-updated-with-iphone-5-support>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** CuteDJPro Is New DJ Software For The Mac ***
<http://appledailyreport.com/2013/08/19/cutedjpro-is-new-dj-software-for-the-mac/>
Dennis Sellers, Apple Daily Report

*** iPad Puppy Training, Really ***
<http://www.salon.com/2013/08/18/daily_dot_dog_waiting_permission_partner/>
Miles Klee, Salon

> Nowadays a new demographic has emerged for iPad app developers: animals. Yes, when the job of stimulating your household pet simply becomes too much, you can simply get them hooked on any number of games designed specifically to keep them busy (and away from whatever you’re doing that’s more important than loving your cat or dog first-hand).

*** Share Bucket Edits And Uploads Screenshots, Offers Tons Of Options ***
<http://lifehacker.com/share-bucket-edits-and-uploads-screenshots-offers-tons-1159170518>
Shep Mcallister, Lifehacker

> Screenshot apps are a dime a dozen, but Share Bucket offers a lot of flexibility, and lets you use it how you want to.

*** Deleting Zombie Photos From iPhoto ***
<http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/08/deleting-zombie-photos-from-iphoto/>
Iljitsch van Beijnum, Ars Technica

> Sometimes iPhoto doesn't delete photos when you empty the iPhoto trash. It just removes them from its database so they're no longer visible without deleting the actual image files. Those files still use up disk space—to the tune of 10 GB in my case.

*** Voila 3.5 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14025?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

> Global Delight has released Voila 3.5, adding Dropbox, Evernote, and Tumblr to its list of sharing destinations (as long as you’re running Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later). The screen capture utility now includes an option to remember the last shape and location for image and video capturing, plus an option to capture windows without shadows.

*** Full For iPhone Is A Beautiful And Simplistic Way To Track And Maintain Personal Goals ***
<http://www.imore.com/full-iphone-beautiful-simplistic-way-track-maintain-personal-goals>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

*** A Nation Of Truthers ***
<http://www.salon.com/2013/08/18/a_nation_of_truthers/>
Laura Miller, Salon

> “It was a paranoid time,” writes Jesse Walker after recounting an elaborate, half-forgotten conspiracy theory from the 19th century. (It involved “the Slave Power,” which some 19th-century Americans believed had been responsible for poisoning several officials who had in fact died of natural causes.) “In America,” he adds, “it is always a paranoid time.”

> That’s the core argument of “The United States of Paranoia: A Conspiracy,” a new cultural history by the Reason magazine editor.

*** In Javier Marias' 'The Infatuations,' All Is Not What It Seems ***
<http://www.latimes.com/features/books/jacketcopy/la-ca-jc-javier-marias-20130818,0,402412.story>
Reed Johnson, Los Angeles Times