[MyAppleMenu] Aug 15, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Aug 15 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Notability 5.0 Is A Noteworthy Update, Adds iCloud Sync And Universal Support For iPhone ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/notability-5-0-is-a-noteworthy-update-adds-icloud-sync-and-universal-support-for-iphone>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Mac Gems: Launchpad Manager Will Make You Actually Use OS X's Launchpad ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2045978/mac-gems-launchpad-manager-will-make-you-actually-use-os-xs-launchpad.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Miller, Macworld

> You get the ability to cut and paste apps from one screen to another; to move selected apps from one page to another with a couple of clicks; to select all icons on a page with one click; and to remove selected icons altogether.

*** Better Code: No Time Like The Present To Use Xcode Storyboards ***
<http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/ios-app-builder/better-code-no-time-like-the-present-to-use-xcode-storyboards/>
Gregory Dean, TechRepublic

> Storyboards were first introduced in the October 2011 release of Xcode 4.2. As with many forward-thinking concepts, the adoption of storyboards by seasoned developers has been a slow process. Do storyboards help or hinder the development lifecycle? There are two camps as it relates to the advantages and usefulness of storyboards for developing the user interface of an iOS app. After all of the dust has settled, it seems that storyboards may offer developers a distinct advantage.

*** Run Windows Apps On Both OS X & Linux With CrossOver 12.5 ***
<http://www.zdnet.com/run-windows-apps-on-both-os-x-and-linux-with-crossover-12-5-7000019345/>
Steve J. Vaughan-Nichols, ZDNet

> What CrossOver gives you is easy, automated installation of Windows applications, and technical support. And in this latest version, the CrossOver interface has been improved so it's easier than ever to install and manage Windows applications.

*** It's About Time You Grabbed Plants Vs. Zombies 2, Now Available On iOS Worldwide ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/its-about-time-you-grabbed-plants-vs-zombies-2-now-available-on-ios-worldwide>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> Following its soft launch in Australia and New Zealand early last month, the game is now out in the U.S. App Store and presumably in the other App Stores around the globe.

*** Mac Gems: TaskAgent Lets You Sync And Edit Lists Using Dropbox ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2045953/mac-gems-taskagent-lets-you-sync-and-edit-lists-using-dropbox.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Frakes, Macworld

*** Disney Introduces Infinity: Toy Box World Creator And Action! Video Apps For iPad ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/08/14/disney-introduces-infinity-toy-box-world-creator-and-action-vi/>
Steven Sande, TUAW

*** New App For Winos Invites You To Drync Up ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2046644/new-app-for-winos-invites-you-to-drync-up.html#tk.rss_all>
Amber Bouman, Macworld

> Launching with an updated inventory and shipping list on Tuesday, the Drync app allows users to track, share, and buy wine directly from the app. Wine aficionados can buy almost any wine instantly by simply snapping a photo of the label.

*** Yojimbo 4 Brings Syncing, Highlights iCloud Woes ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/08/14/yojimbo-4-brings-syncing-highlights-icloud-woes/>
TJ Luoma, TUAW

> Bare Bones has decided to offer a syncing solution which will cost US$3 a month. The syncing is handled through Wasabi Sync which describes itself as "Core Data cloud syncing done right".

*** How To Move An Off Screen Window Back Onto The Active Mac Screen In OS X ***
<http://osxdaily.com/2013/08/14/move-window-back-on-screen-mac-os-x/>
OS X Daily

> Ever had a window get lost partially off screen in OS X, where the window titlebars and close/minimize/maximize buttons are no longer accessible?

*** What Happens When You Abolish Tipping ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/life/culturebox/2013/08/tipless_restaurants_the_linkery_s_owner_explains_why_abolishing_tipping.html>
Jay Porter, Slate