[MyAppleMenu] Aug 6, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Aug 6 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Apple Airs New ‘FaceTime Every Day’ Television Ad ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/apple-airs-new-facetime-every-day-television-ad>
Dom Esposito, AppAdvice

> The new ad titled, “FaceTime Every Day,” revolves around people using FaceTime on an iPhone in different situations.

*** Philips Expanding Hue Range With New LightStrips And Bloom Bulbs ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/6/4593386/philips-hue-led-lightstrips-bloom-energy-efficient-lights>
Matt Brian, The Verge

*** iTunes Tip: Choose Which Types Of Content Display In The iTunes Source List ***
<http://www.mcelhearn.com/2013/08/06/itunes-tip-choose-which-types-of-content-display-in-the-itunes-source-list/>
Kirk McElhearn, Kirkville

> If you have removed all of a specific type of content, or if you simply don’t want to display it in the iTunes source list, you can go to iTunes’ General preferences and uncheck the items you no longer want to see.

*** Chatology - Improving Mac Messaging ***
<http://macsparky.com/blog/2013/8/chatology-improving-mac-messaging>
David Sparks, MacSparky

> Chatology indexes your messages. It keeps track of who you’ve chatted with and what was said. It also remembers when the conversations took place and any pictures or links that may have exchanged.

*** Mac Gems: Be A Better MacBook Battery Manager With Battery Health ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2045115/mac-gems-be-a-better-macbook-battery-manager-with-battery-health.html#tk.rss_all>
James Galbraith, Macworld

> If you need the most out of your laptop’s battery, the more information you have about your computer’s energy demands and conditions, the better. Battery Health offers a wealth of such information, laid out in an attractive, unobtrusive style. And for free, this app is hard to beat.

*** Apple Subsidiary FileMaker Reportedly Lays Off 20 Amid Restructuring ***
<http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/08/02/rumor-apple-subsidiary-filemaker-lays-off-20-employees-amid-restructuring>
Mikey Campbell, AppleInsider

*** Text Panel Effects New Title/effects Package For Final Cut Pro X ***
<http://appledailyreport.com/2013/08/06/text-panel-effects-s-new-titleeffects-package-for-final-cut-pro-x/>
Dennis Sellers, Apple Daily Report

*** Apple Now Requiring Cover Art From Internet Radio Providers Apparently For iTunes Radio ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/apple-now-requiring-cover-art-from-internet-radio-providers-apparently-for-itunes-radio>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> Apple may be planning on integrating Internet radio stations into iTunes Radio, in addition to the service’s preloaded and custom stations.

> This is suggested by an email being sent by the company to independent Internet radio providers, asking them to submit cover art for their respective stations.

*** Following Electrocution Controversy, Apple To Offer USB Power Adapter Replacements ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/08/05/apple-launching-third-party-iphone-usb-charger-replacement-program-following-controversy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Mark Gurman, 9 To 5 Mac

> The replacement program will allow anyone who feels uncomfortable with their adapter to replace it with an official unit for a discounted price of $10. The option will be available until October 18th of this year. Customers must bring in their corresponding device in order to be applicable.

Good PR by Apple.

*** Official AdSense App For iOS And Android Released By Google ***
<http://www.macgasm.net/2013/08/05/official-adsense-app-for-ios-and-android-released-by-google/>
Kaylie Moise, Macgasm

> Today Google has released an official AdSense app for both iOS and Android devices, now letting users keep track of their AdSense account data and earnings while on the go.

*** Weather Or Not: Minutely Can Tell You If You'll Need A Sweater ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2045963/weather-or-not-minutely-can-tell-you-if-youll-need-a-sweater.html#tk.rss_all>
Amber Bouman, Macworld

> Minutely provides users with crowd-sourced weather results displayed via real-time 3D images.

*** Travels In The Fourth Dimension ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/06/science/how-we-perceive-and-misperceive-time.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Jascha Hoffman, New York Times

> In “Time Warped,” Claudia Hammond, a British radio journalist and psychology lecturer, delves into scores of experiments on how we track the seconds, hours, months and decades. At each duration she finds distortions and paradoxes, revealing the persistent “capriciousness, strangeness and mutability” of time as we sense it.

*** Corrections ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2013/08/jonathan_franzen_s_the_corrections_and_oprah_winfrey_s_book_club.html>
Boris Kachka, Slate

> The short and difficult marriage of Jonathan Franzen and Oprah Winfrey.

*** Dying With Dignity And The Final Word On Her Life ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/05/booming/dying-with-dignity-and-the-final-word-on-her-life.html?_r=0&emc=rss&partner=rss>
Michael Winerip, New York Times