[MyAppleMenu] Apr 24, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Apr 24 18:59:01 EDT 2013

**** Drafts 3 Review: Better iOS Automation And Workflows ****
<http://www.macstories.net/reviews/drafts-3-review-better-ios-automation-and-workflows/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macstoriesnet+%28MacStories%29>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

**** Mac Gems: Stay Keeps Your Windows Exactly Where You Want Them ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2036191/mac-gems-stay-keeps-your-windows-exactly-where-you-want-them.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Moren, Macworld

> Stay is an invaluable tool for anybody who goes back and forth between display configurations, helping you avoid that hair-tearing, bewildered cry of “What the heck is that window doing there?”

**** Apple Announces WWDC 2013 For June 10-14th To Talk Future OS X And iOS, Tickets On Sale April 25Th 10Am ****
<http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/04/24/apple-announces-wwdc-2013-for/?utm_medium=Twitter%20Publisher&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_content=Apple%20announces%20WWDC%202013%20for%20June%2010-14th,%20tickets%20on%20sale&awesm=tnw.to_b0XMy>
Matthew Panzarino, The Next Web

> Apple has today announced that its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) will take place in June 10-14th, 2013 at San Francisco’s Moscone West this year. Tickets will be on sale tomorrow, April 25th at 10am.

**** Voice-to-text Just As Dangerous To Drivers As Texting: Study ****
<http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51628518#.UXfN-KWE5lK>
Jim Forsyth, Reuters

> Using voice to send text messages while driving is just as dangerous as texting with fingers, with driver response times significantly delayed no matter which method was used, a study released on Tuesday showed.

**** BitTorrent Sync Keeps Your Files In Sync, Skips The Insecure Cloud ****
<http://lifehacker.com/bittorrent-sync-keeps-your-files-in-sync-skips-the-ins-478810621>
Adam Dachis, Lifehacker

**** Supercharge Your Command Line's History Search With Four Lines Of Code ****
<http://lifehacker.com/supercharge-your-command-lines-history-search-with-fou-478683529>
Adam Dachis, Lifehacker

**** Import Like A Pro In Aperture ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2033806/import-like-a-pro-in-aperture.html#tk.rss_all>
Derrick Story, Macworld

> I dig deeper to cover Raw+JPEG management, effect presets, and the use of AppleScripts upon import to supercharge your Aperture workflow.

**** Mailbox iOS App Is A Security Fail ****
<http://subhb.org/2013/04/24/mailbox-ios-app-is-a-security-fail/>
Being A Dream Walker

> I would love to try my hands on a better Mailbox iOS app, that is more secure. Until then I have deleted my accounts from Mailbox.

**** Google Fiber App For iPad Lands In App Store, No iPhone Version Yet ****
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/23/4257524/google-fiber-app-for-ipad-in-app-store-no-iphone-version-yet>
Carl Franzen, The Verge

**** Manga Studio 5 Review ****
<http://www.maclife.com/article/reviews/manga_studio_5_review>
Henry Winchester, Mac Life

> Designed for the more specific needs of sequential artists, it includes multiple panels, speech balloons, and pens and pencils that behave just as they would in the real world.

**** Apple To Dole Out $100B To Shareholders ****
<http://news.yahoo.com/apple-dole-100b-shareholders-204956582--finance.html>
Peter Svensson, Associated Press

**** How To Delete Podcast Episodes In The Podcasts App For iPhone And iPad ****
<http://www.imore.com/how-delete-podcast-episodes-podcasts-app-iphone-and-ipad>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

**** Productivity Tip: Take A Break ****
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/04/23/productivity-tip-take-a-break/>
Victor Agreda, Jr., TUAW

**** Apple Store App For iPhone Now Notifies You When You're Ready For Upgrade Pricing On A New iPhone ****
<http://www.imore.com/apple-store-app-iphone-now-notifies-you-when-youre-ready-upgrade-pricing-new-iphone>
Leanna Lofte, iMore

> The Apple Store app for iPhone has been updated with a handy little feature that will notify you when you're eligible for upgrade pricing on a new iPhone. You can even buy your new iPhone directly with the app after receiving the notification since all you need is your Apple ID credentials to do so.

**** Tweetbot Update Brings New Media Timeline And Image Viewer ****
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/04/23/tweetbot-update-brings-new-media-timeline-and-image-viewer/>
John-Michael Bond, TUAW

**** iPad Sales Up, Macs Flat, As Apple Reports On Q2 Earnings ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2036232/ipad-sales-up-macs-flat-as-apple-reports-on-q2-earnings.html#tk.rss_all>
Lex Friedman, Macworld

> Cook has an optimistic outlook for the future, telling analysts that the company has “some really great stuff coming in the fall and of course in all of 2014.” Cook expressed frustration and disappointment with Apple’s stock performance, but added that the “most important thing is creating innovative products, which is still in our control.”

Also:
• <a href="http://www.macworld.com/article/2036250/apples-cook-talks-quarterly-earnings-new-products.html#tk.rss_all">Apple's Cook talks quarterly earnings, new products</a> (Macworld): Here’s an edited transcript of what Cook had to say on Tuesday about Apple’s most recent quarter.

**** Game Theory: Jane Austen Had It First ****
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/23/books/michael-chwe-author-sees-jane-austen-as-game-theorist.html?_r=0>
Jennifer Schuessler, New York Times

> It’s not every day that someone stumbles upon a major new strategic thinker during family movie night. But that’s what happened to Michael Chwe, an associate professor of political science at the University of California, Los Angeles, when he sat down with his children some eight years ago to watch “Clueless,” the 1995 romantic comedy based on Jane Austen’s “Emma.”

**** Book Review: “The Mothers,” By Jennifer Gilmore ****
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/book-review-the-mothers-by-jennifer-gilmore/2013/04/22/7fae6470-a5eb-11e2-8302-3c7e0ea97057_story.html?wprss=rss_books>
Ann Bauer, Washington Post