[MyAppleMenu] May 10, 2012

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu May 10 18:59:01 EDT 2012

**** Apple, Supplier Foxconn To Share Costs On Improving Factories ****
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/10/us-foxconn-idUSBRE84907J20120510>
John Ruwitch, Reuters

> Apple Inc and its key supplier Foxconn Technology Group will share the initial costs of improving labor conditions at the Chinese factories that assemble iPhones and iPads, Foxconn's top executive said on Thursday.

> Foxconn chief Terry Gou did not give a figure for the costs, but the group has been spending heavily to fight a perception its vast plants in China are sweatshops with poor conditions for its million-strong labor force. It regards the criticism as unfair.

**** PDFPenPro 5.8.1 A Feature-filled App For PDFs ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/1166723/pdfpenpro_5_8_1_a_feature_filled_app_for_pdfs.html#lsrc.rss_main>
Jeffery Battersby, Macworld

> PDFPenPro is an excellent PDF editing tool that offers even more features than it’s possible to cover in this review. While I’d be happier with text editing options that have a more integrated feel, PDFPenPro makes editing a wide array of PDF files a snap. OCR, iCloud file sharing, document indexing, form editing, an a broad array of other features make PDFPenPro an excellent PDF editing tool and a supreme bargain.

**** Michelin Game - Windosill ****
<http://sirloinapple.blogspot.com/2012/05/michelin-game-windosill.html>
Sirloin Apple

**** How To View Full Track Titles In iPhone iOS Music App ****
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-57430978-233/how-to-view-full-track-titles-in-iphone-ios-music-app/>
Joe Aimonetti, CNET

**** Why Evernote Might Be The Future Of Mac Apps ****
<http://noodlemac.com/2012/05/why-evernote-might-be-the-future-of-mac-apps/>
Ron McElfresh, NoodleMac

**** Safari Update Automatically Disables Old Versions Of Flash ****
<http://www.loopinsight.com/2012/05/09/safari-update-automatically-disables-old-versions-of-flash/>
Jim Dalrymple, The Loop

> One of the new security features is that Safari will automatically disable old versions of Adobe’s Flash Player.

**** Apple Pushes Out OS X 10.7.4, Patches FileVault Security Bugs ****
<http://www.macgasm.net/2012/05/09/apple-pushes-out-os-x-10-7-4-patches-filevault-security-bugs/>
Joshua Schnell, Macgasm

> Apple has just pushed out a major update to OS X weighing in at over 700 MB. The update brings a number of patches to Lion, including a major update to FileVault that patches the recent security bugs.

**** Orangutans At Miami Zoo Use iPads To communicate ****
<http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/05/09/orangutans-at-miami-zoo-use-ipads-to-communicate/>
Associated Press

> The orangutans at Miami's Jungle Island apparently are just like people when it comes to technology. The park is one of several zoos experimenting with computers and apes, letting its six orangutans use an iPad to communicate and as part of a mental stimulus program. Linda Jacobs, who oversees the program, hopes the devices will eventually help bridge the gap between humans and the endangered apes.

**** Latest Evernote Updates Show A Promising Future ****
<http://www.macstories.net/reviews/latest-evernote-updates-show-a-promising-future/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> The 4.2 update to Evernote for iOS takes the iPhone app into the right direction for note-taking, whether it’s rich text, media, plain text, or a combination of all of them.

**** Pinpoint Your Location ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/1166720/pinpoint_your_location.html#lsrc.rss_main>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

> Repeat this process for any additional pins you wish to drop. When you need to locate one of these locations, tap the Bookmarks icon in Map’s Search field, and tap the appropriate entry.

How to add multiple pins in iOS' Maps app.

**** Office For Mac 14.2.2 Rollup Patch Now Available ****
<http://www.tuaw.com/2012/05/09/office-for-mac-14-2-2-rollup-patch-now-available/>
Steven Sande, TUAW

> Microsoft today announced the availability of the Office for Mac 2011 14.2.2 Update. According to Microsoft, "this update fixes extremely important issues and also helps improve security. It includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code."

**** Startup Sends More Than Music Through Speakers ****
<http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/40383/>
Rachel Metz, Technology Review

> In the not-so-distant future, you might be rocking out at a Katy Perry concert when your smart phone's screen lights up with a sneak peek of the pop star's new music video. Or perhaps you'll be watching a police drama at home when your iPad lights up with clues about the identity of the serial killer being chased by the on-screen detectives.

**** This Is How It Ends By Kathleen MacMahon – Review ****
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/may/10/this-is-how-ends-kathleen-macmahon>
Nicola Barr, The Guardian

> The best love stories happen at a very specific moment in time, everything poised on the brink. Less than five years ago George W Bush was still president, the global economy solvent, and Ireland was still – just – giddily prosperous. In a short space of time the world would look very different. But that's the state of play when New Yorker Bruno – early 50s, twice divorced – loses his job with the collapse of Lehman Brothers and finds himself on a plane to Dublin to reconnect with distant relations.

**** Kale Of Duty ****
<http://www.slate.com/articles/life/low_concept/2012/05/the_all_kale_diet_how_i_stopped_eating_anything_else_.html>
Scott Jacobson, Slate

> Apparently all I ever need to eat for the rest of my life is kale. And I swear to you on the tub of Sun-In hair lightener into which I dunk my increasingly bushy head each morning: I <i>will</i> achieve a kale-only diet.

**** Chefs And The Charcuterie Gap ****
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/chefs-and-the-charcuterie-gap/2012/05/07/gIQAZIRqAU_story.html>
Cathy Barrow, Washington Post

> “Move with purpose, not to impress,” the chef begins his tutorial. “A smooth arc, slicing in a clean motion. Move the knife away from yourself, to the right of your hip.” Exposing the pig’s shoulder, teasing a flexible blade against the bone, Jason Story sets his feet just so. To his left stands a tentative, wide-eyed, would-be apprentice.

> It’s after-hours on a weeknight in early April at Three Little Pigs Charcuterie & Salumi, the new charcuterie in Petworth. Yet its spotless, cool workroom below hums with activity. The 27-year-old chef, who opened the small shop in March with his fiancee, chef Carolina Gomez, is midway through breaking down a 200-pound Old Spot from Evensong Farm in Sharpsburg, Md.

**** Singapore Air Turns To Regional Cities To Drive Growth ****
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/10/uk-singaporeairlines-idUSLNE84901020120510>
Harry Suhartono, Reuters

> Singapore Airlines Ltd, the world's No.2 carrier by market value, will focus on flights to smaller Asian cities as a weak global economy batters demand on long-haul routes and competition from premium airlines intensifies.

> "The results highlight SIA's lack of pricing power and erosion of brand value," brokerage UOB KayHian said in a report. "The decline in yields appears to indicate that the brand differentiation that SIA has enjoyed has finally eroded."

**** Consultants Appointed To Study Malaysia-Singapore Rapid Transit System ****
<http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/newsbusiness.php?id=665167>
Bernama

**** Cross-Border Taxi Rules Announced ****
<http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v6/newsindex.php?id=665262>
Bernama

> The Land Public Transport Commission (Spad) and Singapore Land Transport Authority have jointly announced that effective June 1, taxi commuters taking cross-border taxis could board and alight anywhere on the domestic leg of the journey.

> A commuter who takes a Singapore cross-border taxi can only board and alight at Pasar Bakti terminal in Johor Baharu.

**** PAP Is Always Here For You ****
<http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2012/05/pap-is-always-here-for-you.html>
Lee Kin Mun, mrbrown

**** SMRT Planned To Halt Service For Checks But Intention Was Not Relayed To LTA ****
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1200459/1/.html>
Hetty Musfirah, Channel NewsAsia

> Ms Saw said there are many reasons for train faults in recent times. She said there's a need for the half-height platform screen doors that were installed recently to work in sync with the signalling system, as any delay or misalignment can cause a fault. A bug with new trains that are pumped into the system was another cause. Higher train frequencies and rainy weather can also cause track faults, due to the design of the current signalling system.

> "If not for these factors, I think our performance would not be affected," said Ms Saw.

If not for all the problems that affect our performance, we will not have any performance problems.

**** Singapore’s Ruling Party Braces For By-Election Test ****
<http://blogs.wsj.com/searealtime/2012/05/10/singapores-ruling-party-braces-for-by-election-test/>
Chun Han Wong, Wall Street Journal

> Symbolically, analysts say the result may be seen as a scorecard on the government’s performance in tackling high living costs, infrastructural failings and a widening gap between rich and poor—concerns that haven’t eased despite policy steps taken after the PAP’s slimmest-ever general election win last year, and an unexpectedly heated presidential race in August, which the government’s favored candidate barely won. The government’s measures include steps to cool a buoyant housing market, boost low-end incomes, and slow the inflow of unpopular foreign workers.

**** Teacher Tells Pupil: 'I Don't Want To See Your Face' ****
<http://www.edvantage.com.sg/edvantage/news/news/1100896/Teacher_tells_pupil_I_don_t_want_to_see_your_face_.html>
AsiaOne

> A parent who was upset with a teacher telling his seven-year-old daughter, "I don't want to see your face" has filed a police report for verbal abuse.

> According to Mr Ariffin, one other parent has also complained about the teacher. In that incident, the parent told Mr Ariffin that the teacher had said, "I hate you" to another pupil.

**** WP Fields Png Eng Huat As Hougang By-election Candidate ****
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1200432/1/.html>
Joanne Chan, Channel NewsAsia

> [Workers' Party secretary-general Low This Khiang] described Mr Png as mature and the "right candidate" for the by-election. He said he observed the way he works for some time and is confident that he's a person of integrity.

**** New Hawker Centres To Be Managed By Govt, Non-profit Companies ****
<http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_797328.html>
Straits Times

> In a press statement released on Thursday, the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources said it agreed with most of the recommendations made by an expert panel set up to look into the new hawker centres here.

Let's just hope that the new hawker centers will not just be bigger kopitiams.

**** Over 23,000 Eligible To Vote In Hougang By-election ****
<http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120510-0000135/Over-23,000-eligible-to-vote-in-Hougang-by-election>
Saifulbahri Ismail, Today

> The Elections Department said today there are 23,368 eligible voters for the by-election of the Hougang single-seat constituency on May 26.

> A total of 43 overseas Singaporeans will get a chance to vote in eight cities, such as Canberra, San Francisco, Tokyo and Hong Kong.

**** Not A Sure Thing ****
<http://hardhitting-nobs.blogspot.com/2012/05/not-sure-thing.html>
Musings From The Lion City

> I won’t bet on it but I wouldn’t be surprise if the PAP pulls off a win on 26th May.

**** ‘Major’ SMRT Disruption Along East-West Line This Morning As ex-CEO Saw Phiak Hwa Attends COI ****
<http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/major-smrt-disruption-along-east-west-line-this-morning-as-ex-ceo-saw-phiak-hwa-attends-coi/>
The Temasek Times

> According to angry commuters, trains were delayed along the East-West line in the direction of Pasir Ris at around 8am in the morning and many were stuck at the stations for 30 minutes or more.

Also: <a href="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1200375/1/.html">Train Fault Causes Service Delay Between Jurong East & Joo Koon Stations</a> (Channel NewsAsia): SMRT said the high train frequencies during the rush hour can lead to congestion when there is a train fault.
Previous: <a href="http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_786869.html"> Govt To Minimise Major MRT Disruptions: Lui Tuck Yew</a> (Straits Times, Apr 9, 2012): The Government will try to minimise major disruptions of more than 30 minutes, Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said on Monday, even as he warned that some disruptions and defects on the heavily-used MRT were 'unavoidable'.

**** PAP Unveils Desmond Choo As Hougang By-election Candidate ****
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1200367/1/.html>
Channel NewsAsia

> Mr Tharman said Mr Choo did not leave after the GE but worked even harder on the ground, and over the past year has connected with many people through weekly coffee sessions and regular house visits.

> Mr Tharman stressed that Mr Choo has shown with his actions that he is someone voters can trust, as well as someone who genuinely cares about people and who'll always be there for his constituents.

**** Low Thia Khiang ‘Surprised’ By Timing Of Hougang By-election ****
<http://sg.news.yahoo.com/low-thia-khiang-‘surprised’-by-timing-of-hougang-by-election.html>
Jeanette Tan, Yahoo!

> “We thought that the PM is so busy, he probably would want to take some time… but it seems that he has been quite efficient, (coming to a decision) quite fast,” the member of parliament (MP) for Aljunied GRC said.

> On the issue of his former protégé Yaw, Low added that the WP had decided to remove him from the party and his position because he was not responsible. He noted also that the party had held a press conference on Yaw’s expulsion the very next day, addressing the issues involved to the best of their ability.

**** The SMRT Debacle Continues… ****
<http://unbrandedbreadnbutter.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/the-smrt-debacle-continues/>
Unbranded Bread N Butter

> The amount of decay and rot in SMRT and LTA is just mind numbing. Is this the Singapore standard? World best and can do spirit that we always market ourselves with?

**** WP’s Integrity Vs PAP’s Policies ****
<http://publichouse.sg/categories/topstory/item/584-wp’s-integrity-vs-pap’s-policies>
Publichouse.sg

> It may come down to the question of the personal integrity of WP candidates, that they conduct themselves in an appropriate manner befitting public officers and are accountable to the public when questions are raised about their conduct; and the integrity of the party itself in dealing with such matters.

**** Singapore Airlines Under More Pressure For Not Pulling Its Weight As Profits Slump ****
<http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2012/05/10/singapore-airlines-under-more-pressure-for-not-pulling-its-weight-as-profits-slump/>
Ben Sandilands, Crikey

> The excuses offered by the airline–more intense competition from Middle East carriers at the quality end– and from low cost franchises and general fare competition at the price sensitive end, are meeting some resistance in the city state, and adding to dissatisfaction with its falling contribution to total traffic numbers at Singapore’s Changi airport.

> The added twist of the knife seems to be that Singapore Airlines’ answer to its problems, to launch its own low cost wide-body carrier Scoot from next month, to compete against Air Asia, Jetstar and quite possibly very soon, Thailand’s Nok Air, is considered too late and too little.

**** Since When Workers Party Of Singapore Believes In “Reciprocal Favour”? ****
<http://singaporeanssay.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/since-when-workers-party-of-singapore-believes-in-reciprocal-favour/>
Singaporeans Say

**** Yishun MRT Station So Crowded, Commuter Can Only Board 7Th Train ****
<http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1097252/overcrowding_at__yishun_mrt_station.html>
STOMP

**** Truth Is Arrogant ****
<http://www.ukeconline.com/CEKU/truth-is-arrogant/>
Shaun Tan, CEKU

> I want Yale-NUS to succeed because its failure will have dire consequences not just for Yale but also for Singaporeans. What will young Singaporeans think if they see the leaders of the great Yale University reduced to feeble relativism or recitation of PAP propaganda? Would they not grow disillusioned, concluding that the sanctity of the academy is a lie, that the West is every bit as hypocritical as they’ve been told?

> To succeed in Singapore, Yale must reaffirm its core value — the truth and the freedom to pursue the truth — no matter whom it might upset. Yale’s motto is Lux et Veritas, and it’s time our administrators remembered it. They owe nothing less to our University and to the people of Singapore.

**** Politics Matters ****
<http://mr-moomoo.blogspot.com/2012/05/politics-matters.html>
Francis Peh Hui Xiong, Ti Amo

> However, do you know who was the ones who torn down the very said place 5 years ago?

**** PM Lee On The Hougang By-election: Vote For Us, Kthxbye! ****
<http://samanthadesilva.com/pm-lee-hougang-by-election/>
The Political Prata

> Our PM should be above such things… shouldn’t he? Ah, what do I know, I’m just a political prata.

**** Singapore Feminism: Fertility And Transnational Immigration ****
<http://womensuffrage.org/?p=1013>
Syahidah Ismail, Women Suffrage And Beyond

**** Separating Singapore From The PAP ****
<http://theonlinecitizen.com/2012/05/separating-singapore-from-the-pap/>
Ghui, The Online Citizen

> Many that have come before the PAP have contributed to the Singapore that we have today and it would be incorrect to somehow imagine that the PAP is Singapore and vice and versa.

**** A By Election For Regime Change ****
<http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.com/2012/05/by-election-for-regime-change.html>
Chua Chin Leng, My Singapore News

> Would the Hougang residents elect an MP to tell them that it is govt policy and they will have to live with it, vote for all govt policies and not against any? Or would they vote for a representative, their representative, to represent them, their views, their unhappiness, what they want done, in parliament? Do they want a govt that will decide everything for them in a ‘we know better’ and ‘it is good for you’. Or would they want a govt that will listen and make policies that the people want? Do they want to elect a master or a servant to serve them in parliament?

**** 荷兰国际集团警告新加坡或陷更高通胀 ****
<http://news.gxnews.com.cn/staticpages/20120509/newgx4fa9f5e5-5219809.shtml>
胡隽欣, 新华网

> 新加坡3月份消费者物价指数达5.2%,通胀成为新加坡经济复苏面临的主要问题。康迪天坦言,他担心持续的高通胀可能会推升民众的通胀预期,进而影响市场价格稳定。这一情况如果恶化,将助推新一轮远高于往年的高通胀率。

**** Bid For Open-court Hearing Still On ****
<http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_797274.html>
Straits Times

**** SMRT企业应对得不错吗? ****
<http://www.zaobao.com.sg/yl/jl120510_003.shtml>
张仕华, 联合早报

> 5月8日,当我在《联合早报》的相关新闻中看到“列车营运总监沙林昨天供证时说,SMRT在去年底地铁故障中的应对不错,他认为公司当时已经尽了全力”,不禁为SMRT感到悲哀。如此糟糕的应对,在SMRT的观念里竟然是“不错”?我相信那些身历其境的人,看到有关报道肯定会“义愤填胸”。

> 俗语说:“知错能改、善莫大焉。”如果死不认错,怎能服众呢?从听证会的过程中,我发现到SMRT的高层似乎在推卸责任。如:听证会里发现他们的列车司机训练不足,可是沙林却不以为然。他这样的论说,让人感觉他认为上次地铁发生事故时,列车司机将自己关在司机座里,不管乘客空气不流通的需要,这样的服务是“不错”的。我所担心的是万一再度发生类似事故,司机会否照样如此服务?

CYA.

**** Women Pathetically Cling To Different Titles ****
<http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10804857>
Shelley Bridgeman, NZ Herald

> I passed through Singapore twice last month and that's why I read a few issues of The Straits Times. Readers are invited to write in to Singapore's English-language newspaper. The rules for doing so are set out in small type. Evidently, women must "indicate Miss, Ms, Mrs or Madam."

> What the? Never mind that "Ms" was invented in order that the archaic "Miss" and "Mrs" may be consigned to the history books but, hey, the ladies in Singapore have another option just in case, you know, they happen to be in charge of a house of prostitution - or something.

**** WP's Png Eng Huat Quietly Active In Ward ****
<http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_797267.html>
Andrea Ong & Goh Chin Lian, Straits Times

> The 50-year-old businessman has been quietly active in the ward since joining the WP in 2006, when party chief Low Thia Khiang was still the MP there.

**** Hougang Residents Not Shortchanged, Low Maintains ****
<http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_797273.html>
Andrea Ong & Tessa Wong, Straits Times

> Speaking to reporters at a Hougang Meet-the-People Session last night, Mr Low said the by-election 'proves to residents in Hougang that they will not be shortchanged'.

> 'If the MP is not up to the mark, the WP is prepared to give them another opportunity to make another choice. And this is what we stand for.'

**** Singapore Air Posts Unexpected Q4 Loss On Higher Fuel ****
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/09/singaporeairlines-results-idUSL4E8G89PX20120509>
Reuters

> SIA's net profit have been declining over the past 15 months as weak travel demand, particularly among bankers and executives, and persistently high jet fuel prices hit margins.

**** Singapore: Making Impossibility Possible, And Then Some More ****
<http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Singapore-Making-impossibility-possible-and-then-s-30181605.html>
Pornpimol Kanchanalak, The Nation

> To think of Singapore only in terms of monetary prosperity is misguided. Singaporeans are known for their discipline, sense of purpose, determination, and drive for excellence. If all work makes Jack a dull boy, it is perhaps worth it. Singaporeans have made hard work seem easy; they have made being small beautiful. While much larger nations stumble on the globalised stage, Singapore sings all the way to a rousing curtain call. One of the main reasons that makes this possible is the unrivalled quality education that the country's leadership has placed as the highest national priority.

**** Singapore To Hold By-election Amid Discontent ****
<http://www.mysinchew.com/node/73360>
AFP

> Singapore on Wednesday set a parliamentary by-election for May 26 amid growing discontent with the ruling party over rising living costs, immigration and public transport breakdowns.

> In last year's vote, the Workers' Party won an unprecedented six seats despite an electoral system seen as stacked in favour of the ruling party.

**** WP Chief To Stand In Hougang? Unlikely, But 'Theoretically' Possible ****
<http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120510-0000083/WP-chief-to-stand-in-Hougang?-Unlikely,-but-theoretically-possible>
Lin Yanqin, Today

> Can Workers' Party (WP) chief Low Thia Khiang resign from his seat in Aljunied GRC, and field himself as a candidate in his former stronghold of Hougang?

> The scenario, though unlikely, is "theoretically" possible under Singapore's Constitution, according to experts.

And if Mr Low does that, the PAP government will probably not dare to call for an election in Aljunied GRC.

**** Please Be There For A Democratic Society Based On Justice And Equality ****
<http://feedmetothefish.blogspot.com/2012/05/please-be-there-for-democratic-society.html>
Feed Me To The Fish

**** WP Candidate Chosen For Hougang By-election, Says Low Thia Khiang ****
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1200281/1/.html>
Channel NewsAsia

> Mr Low said the party's Central Executive Committee met on Wednesday and there was no dispute on who the candidate should be.

> Speaking to the media at the Hougang meet-the-people session (MPS) on Wednesday evening, Mr Low said an official announcement will be made at a news conference on Thursday.

**** Why Singapore’s Stellar GDP Per Capita Figures Are Unimpressive ****
<http://furrybrowndog.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/why-singapores-stellar-gdp-per-capita-figures-are-unimpressive/>
Furry Brown Dog

> So what does this tell us? It means that if a country has more cities and a larger proportion of its people residing or packed in mega-cities, it is expected that the country would enjoy stronger economic growth. Taken to extremes, what happens if your country consists of just one mega-city (ie. a city-state)? The answer is that you would enjoy stellar high GDP per capita figures.

**** Hougang: Bye-bye WP Or Bye-bye Again PAP? ****
<http://singaporegirl.wordpress.com/2012/05/09/hougang-bye-bye-wp-or-bye-bye-again-pap/>
Food Fuels Me To Talk

> And, no, I’m not fussed that WP seemed to have dithered over what to do about his alleged affairs. Yup, the WP first kept totally quiet and then supported him. Perhaps because comradeship means something, especially when the man is under pressure. So far, so good.

> What I found and still find inexplicable is that the WP suddenly expelled him from the party. IMHO, the WP had let Mr Yaw down and in that way all those who voted for him.

**** Hougang by-election - a two-party contest ****
<http://www.publichouse.sg/categories/topstory/item/583-hougang-by-election-a-two-party-contest>
Andrew Loh, Publichouse.sg