[MyAppleMenu] Dec 25, 2011

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Dec 25 18:59:01 EST 2011

**** Post To Twitter With Siri <http://www.macworld.com/article/164248/2011/12/post_to_twitter_with_siri.html#lsrc.rss_main>
Lex Friedman, Macworld

**** Death To .DS_Store <http://www.aorensoftware.com/blog/2011/12/24/death-to-ds_store/>
Blue Lotus Blog

The “.DS_Store” file is an abomination and must be stopped. You know what I’m talking about. I regularly rant about how this annoying file gets in your way, dirties things up and just screws with your stuff in general. Today I decided to do something about it.

**** Sealed In Wax <http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/2011/12/sealed-in-wax-madame-tussauds-anniversary-french-revolution/>
Hephzibah Anderson, Prospect

Marie Tussaud’s waxwork museum has given rise to a billion dollar global franchise. What’s the secret of its success?

**** Memoir: 'Listening' To Mom Through Her Books <http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/books/la-ca-lynell-george-20111225,0,7832213,full.story>
Lynell George, Los Angeles Times

One writer finds her mother's 'voice' in her books — in the notes in the margins, the clippings that spill out, the dog-ears, even the pages on which a book opens.

**** Sim Ann : Tackling Inequality: Charting Our Own Path. <http://singaporemind.blogspot.com/2011/12/sim-ann-tackling-inequalitycharting-our.html>
Diary Of A Singaporean Mind

While the PAP "expands the safety nets" to catch the poorest who cannot make ends meet, the effects of the income gap is spreading to the middle class which is now seeing financial strain. The stresses are building up and the problem is deepening as the govt tackles only the worst cases while many more become worse off. Sim Ann's formulation of "our own path" is a path to a dead end in which the problem is not solved and the status quo is retained.

**** 少年放弃公民权不遂 向高庭申请司法检讨 <http://www.zaobao.com.sg/sp/sp111225_007.shtml>
郑靖豫, 联合早报