[MyAppleMenu] Dec 4, 2011

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Dec 4 18:59:00 EST 2011

**** Apple Doesn't Want My Filthy Disabled Money <http://deborah.dreamwidth.org/63403.html>
Ramblings On Librarianship, Technology, And Academia

I understand that Apple is trying to position the iPhone as the phone that's great for people with disabilities (which to Apple means "blind people"). I just wish they were willing to make the effort to let us buy the thing. This whole process has been time-consuming, draining, degrading, and ultimately fruitless.

**** iPhone 4S V Pro Camera - In Pictures <http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gallery/2011/dec/04/photography-iphone-v-professional-camera?CMP=twt_gu>
Katherine Rose, The Guardian

Photographer Katherine Rose put the phone's camera through its paces to see how it would fare in comparison with the Canon 5D mkii she uses professionally.

**** Run Windows Applications On A Mac With WinOnX <http://www.techgoondu.com/2011/12/04/run-windows-applications-on-a-mac-with-winonx/>
Aaron Tan, Techgoondu

**** Bad Tracks From iTunes Match: Who Do You Complain To? <http://www.mcelhearn.com/2011/12/04/bad-tracks-from-itunes-match-who-do-you-complain-to/>
Kirk McElhearn, Kirkville

**** My Life In Hotels <http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/travel/my-life-in-hotels.html?ref=travel&pagewanted=all>
Guy Trebay, New York Times

If you travel a lot, it happens that you are expected to keep a list of dream destinations. Friends are understandably curious to learn where somebody fortunate enough to have visited a fair number of places would voluntarily go if given the chance. It surprises people, then, to learn that where I would most like to be is often a great hotel.

**** Cultural Exchange: Singapore Embraces Art To Enhance Its Image <http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-ca-culture-singapore-20111204,0,5464931.story>
Dustin Roasa, Los Angeles Times

Singapore, trying to change its reputation, has spent $1.5 billion on cultural projects including the Esplanade performance complex and a National Art Gallery.

**** Six Months After A Watershed Election: How Is The Dust Settling? <http://catherinelim.sg/2011/12/04/six-months-after-a-watershed-election-how-is-the-dust-settling/>
Catherine Lim

**** Community Needs To Respond Maturely To Offensive Online Postings: PM Lee <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1169360/1/.html>
Daud Yusof, Saifulbahri Ismail, Channel NewsAsia

Commenting for the first time on the incidents, Mr Lee said it is not necessary to get worked up every time something like this happens.

He said: "I think we have to respond in a mature and calm sort of way. It's wrong that they did it and we acted against them but it's not necessary for us to get worked up every time something like this happens. It will happen once in a while and we will have to take it in our stride."

**** The Singaporean Attitude: 2011 Report <http://kkyz14.blogspot.com/2011/12/singaporean-attitude-2011-report.html>
Kenneth Koh, The Temple Of Thoughts 3

**** Singaporeans Protest Sexual Violence Against Women As Part Of Global ‘SlutWalk’ Movement <http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia-pacific/singaporeans-protest-sexual-violence-against-women-as-part-of-global-slutwalk-movement/2011/12/04/gIQAF7RgRO_story.html>
Associated Press

Hundreds of people gathered at a park in Singapore on Sunday to protest sexual violence against women as part of the global “SlutWalk” movement, in a rare public demonstration in the tightly controlled city state.

**** Transformers The Ride Mini Review <http://asia.cnet.com/crave/transformers-the-ride-mini-review-62212353.htm>
John Chan, CNET

**** “Deeply Puzzled” By Police’s Rejection Of Anti-racism Rally <http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/12/deeply-puzzled-by-polices-rejection-of-anti-racism-rally/>
Ghui, The Online Citizen

The time for greater citizen to government interaction has arrived and a cause such as anti racism is an uncontroversial way to start.

**** More Ideas On Ministerial Pay <http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC111205-0000061/More-ideas-on-ministerial-pay>
Carolyn Quek, Today

Ministerial salaries should not be pegged to the profit-seeking private sector, former presidential hopeful Tan Jee Say said yesterday.