[MyAppleMenu] Aug 19, 2010

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Aug 19 18:59:01 EDT 2010

**** Matias Tactile Pro 3 Keyboard Returns To The Alps <http://db.tidbits.com/article/11521?rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tidbits_main+%28TidBITS%3A+Mac+News+for+the+Rest+of+Us%29>
Adam C. Engst, TidBITS

**** Microsoft Adds Photo Editing To Mac Office <http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20013987-56.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=News-Apple>
Ina Fried, CNET

Microsoft said Wednesday the next version of Office for Mac will get two key features that were part of the latest Windows version: photo editing and mini charts in Excel, known as Sparklines.

**** Fare Refund Cumbersome And Inconvenient <http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_568114.html>
Thong Kok Wah, Straits Times

TransitLink should have a computer program in place to calculate the overcharged amount auto- matically and refund this amount to the ez-link card.

**** YOG Food Poisoning Probe Will Take Time: Balakrishnan <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1075888/1/.html>
Satish Cheney, Channel NewsAsia

Dr Balakrishnan said: "For myself, I have made it a point everyday to have my meal with the volunteers so that's my way of ensuring quality control - that the food for the volunteers is the same food that I eat."

**** YOG: Last-minute Ticket Sales For Empty Seats At Sold-out Venues <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1075890/1/.html>
Channel NewsAsia

>From Thursday, if there are empty seats at sold-out venues, officials will be flexible in allowing last-minute fans to purchase tickets.

**** WhyOhGee... <http://pngapore.blogspot.com/2010/08/whyohgee.html>
Times They Are A-Changin'

We can still have a good YOG but we definitely do not need to have a bottomless budget to showcase Singapore again and again. We must ask ourselves - are we selling the spirit of the first Youth Olympic or selling Singapore? I shudder to think that we are showing off our ‘wealth’ to the world actually.

**** Youth Olympics A Singapore Paradox Too <http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/youth-olympics-a-singapore-paradox-too/>
Yawning Bread

As Lee Kuan Yew fades from the scene, and the generation that held him in unparalleled esteem pass on, the affective divide between the government (now under Lee Hsien Loong) and the people has only grown. The utter lack of charisma among the current ministers has hardly helped.