[MyAppleMenu] Jun 21, 2009

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Jun 21 18:59:00 EDT 2009

**** Full Commodore 64 Emulator Rejected From App Store <http://toucharcade.com/2009/06/20/full-commodore-64-emulator-rejected-from-app-store/>
by Touch Arcade

Aside from Apple Europe's early assurance, Lyscarz pointed out to us that there are a number of apps in the App Store that do exactly the same thing from CHIP-8 emulators, programmable calculators and, of course, Frotz, a Z-machine interpreter.

**** It Really Should Have Been Called The iPhone 3G V - For Video <http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TechCrunch/~3/Jv_a9oeEHRM/>
by MG Siegler, TechCrunch

But really, it’s the whole package of the iPhone as an extremely consumer-friendly device mixed with this video functionality that is killer.

**** Steve Jobs' Return Is Still Vaporware <http://www.joewilcox.com/2009/06/steve-jobs-return-is-still-vaporware/>
by Joe Wilcox

Apple is once again up to its media manipulation tactics, or so I allege. Surely I can’t be the only person seeing just how transparent was yesterday’s Wall Street Journal Steve Jobs liver transplant story. The timing, on day of iPhone 3GS launch, helps protect Apple’s share price and deemphasize an important fact: Steve isn’t really coming back this month.

**** Those Big Bright Eyes May Soon Be Brighter <http://feeds.nytimes.com/click.phdo?i=e0c7ee67039b915a22c9565d8fac80a2>
by Anne Eisenberg, New York Times

Now people who shoot impromptu videos on their cellphones and other handheld devices may find some help in stabilizing the rough spots — or in bringing their new baby’s face into focus — before posting their clips online. And it comes from specialized algorithms more common in a forensics lab than on Facebook.

**** My Father’s Words <http://feeds.nytimes.com/click.phdo?i=8a94c07d3f5a91eeb1f301a3b314fa18>
by Doug Glanville, New York Times

Despite living the dream of so many Americans and reaching its highest level, I have no doubt that he would be even prouder of what I am doing with my words. Words that I can leave for my son to read...one day.

**** Speaking Of Those Who’ve Gone Before Us <http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2009/06/20/speaking-of-those-whove-gone-before-us/>
by Yawning Bread

**** Seeing Red Over Seletar <http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_393188.html>
by Shuli Sudderuddin, Straits Times

**** 李光耀访马后如是我闻 <http://www.kwongwah.com.my/news/2009/06/21/21.html>
by 菁鸟, 光华日报

一位在座的马来西亚友人多嘴地说:“如果今天敦马哈迪或敦阿都拉也有样学样,到新加坡访问,不厚此薄彼地会见人民行动党的领袖,也会见徐顺全博士及已故再也惹南逝世前筹组的改革党等反对党的领袖,大家打打关系,你认为情况会怎样?”

**** My Book Launch ... And Some Reflections On Airports <http://mrwangsaysso.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-book-launch-and-some-reflections-on.html>
by Mr Wang Says So

Since Changi Airport had lost, even a very little bit, therefore something - and someone, somewhere - needs to be blamed for the defeat. This time the blame goes to the airport toilets. And also to the management person in charge of the toilets - you can be sure about that. Whoever he is, he can say bye bye to his bonus.

**** Influenza A: Community Spread In Singapore A Matter Of Time <http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=T&ct=us/0-0&fd=R&url=http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Sunday/NewsBreak/20090621174007/Article/index_html&cid=1263580002&ei=UwY-Ss7-EIm2NaXw8K8F&usg=AFQjCNGfXOxiQ8ZX-kIk5Ia-CmsVcmO4xw>
by Bernama

**** Kang Nam Headed To Singapore <http://singaporesocialactivist.blogspot.com/2009/06/kang-nam-headed-to-singapore.html>
by Singapore Social Activist

It would indeed be sad if Singapore has unwittingly played itself into the hands of rogue states like North Korea and Myanmar.

**** A Nation Of Foreigners In 11 Years <http://theonlinecitizen.com/2009/06/a-nation-of-foreigners-in-11-years/>
by Ng E-Jay, The Online Citizen