[MyAppleMenu] Apr 5, 2009

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Apr 5 18:59:00 EDT 2009

**** Turn Your iPod Or iPhone Into A Portable Drive <http://www.macworld.com/article/139659/2009/04/ipod_portable_storage.html?lsrc=rss_main>
by Kris Fong, Macworld

Whether you use your iPod or iPhone for entertainment, communication, or to amplify your cool quotient, all models share one thing in common: They can function as portable storage devices. Depending on the model, your device features either a hard drive or flash drive that allows you to read and write files to it just like an external drive once you enable it to do so. Here’s how.

**** Small Company Offers Web-Based Competition For Microsoft Word <http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/05/business/05digi.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss>
by Rnadall Stross, New York Times

**** The Best Damn Job In The Whole Damn World <http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2009/04/the_best_job_in_the_world.html>
by Roger Ebert, Chicacgo Sun-Times

A. J.Liebling once wrote, "Freedom of the press belongs to the man who owns one." Not quite right. It also belongs to the people who produce one, even if they do smoke at their desks.

**** In Praise Of The American Short Story <http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/05/weekinreview/05scott.html>
by A. O. Scott, New York Times

The near-simultaneous appearance of three new literary biographies offers a powerful and concentrated challenge to the habit of undervaluing the short story.

**** Liberty, Equality, Envy <http://feeds.nytimes.com/click.phdo?i=1a408789523c6ca01e777f9473423d21>
by Amélie Nothomg, New York Times

In Europe, and especially in France, there is envy for the faith that Americans have in their president.

**** Help Wanted, After All <http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/articles/2009/04/05/help_wanted_after_all/?rss_id=Boston+Globe+--+Globe+Magazine>
by Geeta Kohli, Boston Globe

I finally admit it: I met my fiance through a newspaper ad with the aid of Dad and Mom.

**** 只讲一半 <http://www.zaobao.com/yl/yl090405_506.shtml>
by 吴新慧, 联合早报

怎么让求职者面对现实,调整心态,劳动市场上的信息有多流通及透明,其实是一大关键。目前有好几个政府、社区机构及全国职工总会在协助解决失业和职能培训问题。这些机构也在努力地收集和提供各行业的职位空缺数据,并不时通过媒体发表。然而,笼统的数据并不能为求职者提供准确的信息。

**** Unemployment Rate For 1Q 2009 Likely To Be Higher Than 4Q 2008 <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/420260/1/.html>
by Channel NewsAsia

With the first three months of 2009 just over, Singapore's manpower minister, Gan Kim Yong, said the unemployment rate for the first quarter of this year is likely to be higher than the last three months of 2008.

**** Loss In Popular Votes Is A Failure For PAP, But Success For Singapore <http://wayangparty.com/?p=7301>
by Fang Zhi Yuan, The Wayang Party

**** 到处都是人挤人! <http://blog.omy.sg/evacomics/archives/24>
by EVA逆流而画, EVA逆流而画

生为土生土长的新加坡人我觉得现在真的变得好拥挤去到哪里都是人!

**** Singapore's Parliament Calls For Submission Of Names For NMPs <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/420285/1/.html>
by S Ramesh, Channel NewsAsia

Singapore's Parliament has called for names to be submitted for the next batch of Nominated Members of Parliament (NMPs).

**** 国资委转型可借鉴淡马锡模式 <http://views.ce.cn/view/economy/200904/05/t20090405_18717661.shtml>
by 谭浩俊, 东方网