[MyAppleMenu] Nov 30, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Nov 30 13:15:01 EST 2008

**** Losing An iPhone <http://duncandavidson.com/2008/11/life-without-iphone.html>
by James Duncan Davidson
My iPhone has become a very important part of my life. It's not just a phone or an email client. It really is a fully capable portal to the internet that can go anywhere.

**** LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures <http://www.insidemacgames.com/previews/view.php?ID=260>
by Marcus Albers, Inside Mac Games

**** You're Leaving A Digital Trail. What About Privacy? <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/30/business/30privacy.html?_r=1>
by John Markoff, New York Times
Propelled by new technologies and the internet's steady incursion into every nook and cranny of life, collective intelligence offers powerful capabilities, from improving the efficiency of advertising to giving community groups new ways to organize.
But even its practitioners acknowledge that, if misused, collective intelligence tools could create an Orwellian future on a level Big Brother could only dream of.

**** The Well-Tended Bookshelf <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/30/books/review/Miller-t.html?ref=todayspaper>
by Laura Miller, New York Times
As long as I have a few unread books beckoning to me from across the room, I tell myself I can always find a little more time.

**** How To Publish Without Perishing <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/30/opinion/30gleick.html?ref=todayspaper>
by James Gleick, New York Times
Publishers may or may not figure out how to make moey again, but their product has a chance for new life: as a physical object, and as an idea, and as a set of literary forms.

**** We're Going To Party Like It's 1929 <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/30/fashion/30Monn.html?ref=todayspaper>
by Alex Williams, New York Times
"The thing about the recession is, it takes the pressure off," said David Monn, the celebrated New York event planner. "It allows you to strip away all the stuff that's not important and focus on what is: friends, family, togetherness." (And potatoes, it turns out; but more about that later.)

**** Aviation Shifts Into New Era With Opening Of Singapore-KL Route <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/393233/1/.html>
by Asha Popatlal, Channel NewsAsia

**** Train Tracks To Link Asian Nations <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7719404.stm>
by Vaudine England, BBC News
Train lovers and travel nuts have long had a dream of going from Europe to Singapore by rail.

**** Cops Swarm Bukit Batok Area Over Mas Selamat Tip-Off <http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,185177,00.html?>
by Elysa Chen, New Paper
/Still no evidence that the man is in Singapore./