[MyAppleMenu] Mar 21, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Mar 21 13:15:00 EDT 2008

**** The Switch Is Flipped <http://hoos-foos.blogspot.com/2008/03/switch-is-flipped.html>
by Dave Millard, The Hoos-Foos Muse
I'm very happy with the Mac. This is the first computer that I've actually got excited about. It's fun to learn to use it - it rewards you at every turn.

**** Analyst Calls Apple 'Recession-Proof' <http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/03/nevermind-the-e.html>
by Bryan Gardiner, Wired

**** Apple Playing Hard To Get With iPhone <http://www.news.com/8301-13579_3-9900001-37.html>
by Tom Krazit, CNET News.com
There's no shame in taking baby steps while building a business from scratch, but you've got to take the training wheels off at some point.
/I don't see Apple as taking baby steps at all. All these limitations in SDK and business model are evidence that Apple does know how to build a smart phone./

**** Hands-On: The New Multitouch MacBook Pro <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9069140&source=rss_topic123>
by Ken Mingis, Computerworld
With its latest revision to the MacBook Pro line, Apple has taken what was already a solid laptop and added a few new tricks that should keep buyers coming back for more.

**** Why Is Universal Music Cozying Up To Apple? <http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9900250-7.html?tag=nefd.blgs>
by Greg Sandoval, CNET News.com
The plan now is to "partner instead of just being a vendor," a source close to the label told /News.com/.

**** Apple Adds Raw File Support For New Cameras <http://www.macworld.com/article/132623/2008/03/rawsupport.html>
by Peter Cohen, Macworld

**** SugarSync Syncs Macs, PCs, Mobile Devices <http://www.macworld.com/article/132624/2008/03/sugarsync.html>
by Peter Cohen, Macworld
Sharpcast on Thursday introduced SugarSync, a new syncing technology that helps Macs, PCs and mobile devices share digital media. It's available on a subscription basis with a sliding fee depending on how much storage you need.

**** Come On, Labels And Apple: Make The Talk Come True <http://www.businessweek.com/technology/ByteOfTheApple/blog/archives/2008/03/come_on_labels.html?campaign_id=rss_blog_byteoftheapple>
by Peter Burrows, BusinessWeek
Sure, Apple has sold four billion tracks on iTunes&mdash;an amazing achievement by any measure. But it hasn't really changed the way the world buy music.

**** Apple Sued For iPhone Visual Voicemail Patent Infringement <http://www.macworld.com/article/132628/2008/03/lawsuit.html>
by Jim Dalrymple, Macworld
KlausnerTechnologies has sued Apple and AT&amp;T Mobility for infinging on a patent outlining Visual VOicemail. The patent describes a "Telephone Answering Device Linking Displayed Data with Recorded Audio Message."

**** Camcorder Brings Zen To The Shoot <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/20/technology/personaltech/20pogue.html>
by David Pogue, New York Times
The lesson is one that the electronics industry seems to miss over and over again: that creeping feature-itis often impairs your product instead of improving it.

**** Everywhere And Nowhere <http://www.economist.com/business/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10880936>
by The Economist
Social networking will become a ubiquitous feature of online life. That does not mean it is a business.

**** Break Down These Walls <http://www.economist.com/opinion/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10880516>
by The Economist
History suggests that open standards will once again trump "walled gardens" on the internet.

**** Partying Like It's 1929 <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/21/opinion/21krugman.html?ref=opinion>
by Paul Krugman, New York Times
It's time to relearn the lessons of the 1930s, and get the financial system back under control.

**** Where Angels No Longer Fear To Tread <http://www.economist.com/science/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10875666>
by The Economist
Science and religion have often been at loggerheads. Now the former has decided to resolve the problem by trying to explain the existence of the latter.

**** U.S, Abu Dhabi, Singapore Agree On Wealth Fund Rules <http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601068&sid=a2Bs51SaAkFE&refer=home>
by John Brinsley, Bloomberg

**** A Lesson In Diplomacy <http://singaporepatriot.blogspot.com/2008/03/lesson-in-diplomacy.html>
by Gerald Giam, SIngapore Patriot
It is an important lesson in diplomacy that we should never write off anyone, because one day they may return to power and they won't forget.

**** Tibetan Community In Singapore Rallies Behind Dalai Lama <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/336382/1/.html>
by Neo Chai Chin, Today

**** ICA Explores New Ways To Alleviate Checkpoint Jams <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/244107.asp>
by Zul Othman and Ng Jing Yng, Today
"If we had not done these 100-per-cent checks, he would have escaped undetected."