[MyAppleMenu] Sep 2, 2007

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Sep 2 13:15:00 EDT 2007

**** I'm Not Sure NBC Could Have Screwed This iTunes Thing Up Any Worse <http://daringfireball.net/2007/09/nbc_screw_up>
by John Gruber, Daring Fireball

**** A DIfferent Kind Of Personal Computer <http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/09/01/a-different-kind-of-personal-computer/>
by Chris Pirillo
I would never cut off my nose to spite my fce. I'm not abandoning Microsoft (or Windows entirely, for that matter). I do feel, however, that Microsoft Windows has already abanoned me as a power user.

**** NBCU Jeff Zucker V. Steve Jobs <http://2aday.wordpress.com/2007/09/01/nbcu-jeff-zucker-v-steve-jobs/>
by Two A Day
If Sun Tzu (Art of War) were alive today - he would add a chapter to his treatise on war &amp; business - do not go out of your way to annoy Steve Jobs.

**** Thoughts On (And Pics Of) The Original Macintosh User Manual <http://www.peterme.com/?p=583>
by Peter Merholz
It's been surprsingly delightful flipping through this little bit of computer history. The pace, and deliberateness, with which the system and its interface are explained are quite impressive.

**** Starting Over <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/02/books/review/Schuessler-t.html?ex=1346385600&en=a6165e36efced7e6&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
by Jennifer Schuessler, New York Times
In his morbidly fasciating non-fiction eco-thriller, "The World Without Us," Weisman imagines what would happen if the earth's most invasive species &mdash; ourselves &mdash; were suddenly and completely wiped out.

**** So That's What Dickens Went Through Week After Week <http://books.guardian.co.uk/departments/generalfiction/story/0,,2160576,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=10>
by Ronan Bennett, The Guardian
I forgot the easiest part of writing a novel is the beginning. Readers want to be intrigued, so the storyteller can weave his strands to his heart's content. But soon, readers want to see how the strands cohere and after that they want to see them tied up in a way that is aatisfying and credible. This is the really hard part &mdash; developing the character and allowing the narrative seeds to germinate and flower into an ending that works.

**** Singapore Air, Temasek To Buy 24% Of China Eastern <http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601080&sid=alXyKcXl5sZg&refer=asia>
by Irene Shen, Bloomberg
SIngapore Airlines Ltd. and parent Temasek Holdings Pte agreed to pay about $918 million for a 24 percent stake in China Eastern Airlines Corp., as economic growth boosts air travel in the world's most populous country.

**** WOMAD Singapore: A Weekend Of Rejoicing In World Music <http://www.thejakartapost.com/detailfeatures.asp?fileid=20070902.O01&irec=25>
by Camilla Adindamaulani, Jakarta Post
WOMAD, the annual three-day outdoor world music festival, has been an important item on the agenda of music-lovers in Singapore.

**** Toward A Human Rights Mechanism <http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2007/yax-787.htm>
by Au Waipang, Yawning Bread
This is a call to Singaporeans to take a greater interest in the Asean Human Rights roject. Both our government and mainstream media have not done much to educate Singaoreans about the issue, yet over the long term, this project should prove very important to our maturity as a nation and as a regional association. This hope, however, will not be realised if Singaporeans remain apathetic to it.

**** More Universities Will Not Lead To Graduate Unemployment: Dr Tony Tan <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/297379/1/.html>
by Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia

**** Singapore - City Of Im-Possibilities <http://nofearsingapore.blogspot.com/2007/09/ingapore-city-of-im-possibilities.html>
by Huang Shoou Chyuan, nofearSingapore
It still puzzles me why in every other aspect of Singapore life, we can be so forward-thinking and be at the cutting edge - except in politics.

**** PAP Government's "Bloated" Nucleus <http://melvintansg.blogspot.com/2007/09/pap-governments-bloated-nucleus.html>
by Melvin Tan, A Singapore Odyssey
After 48 years, the PAP government's state nucleus has expanded significantly &mdash; some detractors say more than necessary and has become "bloated".

The Shuffe by MyAppleMenu

**** Reflecting Light <http://www.samphillipsmusic.com/music.html>
by Sam Phillips
Click here to listen <http://www.samphillipsmusic.com/music/reflectinglight.mp3>.