[MyAppleMenu] Oct 29, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Oct 29 13:15:01 EST 2006

*** Call To Exempt iPod 'Rippers' From Prosecution
<http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article1938386.ece>
Anthony Barnes and Sophie Goodchild, Independent

*** Small Dog Electronics Speaks Out On Theft-In-Transit, Credit Card Fraud And More
<http://www.tuaw.com/2006/10/28/small-dog-electronics-speaks-out-on-theft-in-transit-credit-car/>
Laurie A Duncan, Unofficial Apple Weblog

*** FairGame Strips iTunes DRM WIth iMovie
<http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/10/27/fairgame.strips.itunes.drm/>
MacNN

*** New And Improved
Heng-Cheong Leong

CleanApp <http://synium.de/cleanapp/index.html>: Thouroughly deletes programs.

Task List 4 <http://idisk.mac.com/gonfunko/Public/tasklist.html>: Takin' care of homework.

[Opinion]

*** Why No PowerPC Support In Soundbooth?
<http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2006/10/why_no_powerpc.html>
John Nack on Adobe

At the end of the day, instead of supporting only Windows, Adobe is bringing a new app to the Mac. As a Mac user, I think that's great news.

*** Apple Gets What Sprint Doesn't
<http://andyabramson.blogs.com/voipwatch/2006/10/apple_gets_what.html>
VoIP Watch

As a regular customer Apple has kept me totally informed about new services as they release them.

*** Objective-C: First Impressions
<http://www.timberfish.com/blog/2006/10/objectivec_first_impressions.php>
Timberfish

I still consider myself very new to the language and to Xcode, but I'm equally as impressed with what Apple offers developers here.

*** Annoying Things About My Mac...
<http://homepage.mac.com/jonathan.cook/apple/files/f8b0afedfc95662f1761b077b07a4f44-0.html>
I *Heart* My Mac!

*** Google Defiant Over Censorship In China
<http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,1934297,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=1>
David Smith, The Observer

Google is to enter the political arena in earnest this week when it debates fredom of speech, intellectual property rights and how to connect Africa to the internet at a special UN conference.

*** EST. CST. MST. PST. NOT!
<http://www.slate.com/id/2152155/>
Tim Harford, Slate

Would the United States be better off with only one time zone?

*** Finally, A Life Resumed
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/29/nyregion/thecity/29dna.html?_r=1&ref=thecity&oref=slogin>
Jeff Vandam, New York Times

After 22 years in Dannemora, Sing Sing, Attica, Great meadow, Elmira and the Downstate Correctional Facility at fishkill, Alan Newton came home to the Bronx one unremarkable day last July, his age doubled, his life renewed. As had been proven incontrovertibly, he did not commit the crimes that made the prisons of New York State his home for more than two decades.

*** On The Rio Grande, The World's A Stage
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/29/opinion/29houston.html?ex=1319774400&en=5c7b7ae93b4edd1f&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Pam Houston, New York Times

In a community with less than 1,000 residents, good will is what it is all about.

*** Learning To Love The Ban
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/29/weekinreview/29rosenthal.html?ex=1319774400&en=19f643228e423dfe&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Elisabeth Rosenthal, New York Times

In Italy -- where laws are often enforced with a large degree of latitude and where red lights are ignored if they are deemed inconvenient -- there is nearly 100 percent compliance with the antismoking statutes.

*** Singapore Is Set To Play A New Role
<http://www.gulf-news.com/opinion/columns/world/10078253.html>
Abdullah Al Madani, Gulf News

Singapore has been developing a new role for itself in the current millennium.

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>
Life is random. More tunes, less talk.

[Tunes]