[MyAppleMenu] Mar 26, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Mar 26 13:15:01 EST 2006

*** iPod's Little Rules Of Etiquette
<http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=410721>
Vikki Ortiz, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Popularity of music devices soars, but social guidelines are still in flux.

*** iPod, Therefore I Am
<http://www.vanityfair.com/commentary/content/articles/060320roco01>
Michael Wolff, Vanity Fair

After 30 years as an outsider, Apple founder Steve Jobs is the white-hot center of mass-market media. His obsession with design is now America's: the machine has become the message. With the $7 billion Pixar deal, Disney -- kingdom of content -- is Jobs' new playground. How did he turn the tables?

[Opinion]

*** My Five Years With Mac OS X
<http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2006/03/my_five_years_with_mac_os_x.html?CMP=OTC-13IV03560550&ATT=My+five+years+with+Mac+OS+X>
Giles Turnbull, O'Reilly Network

My computing environment has changed enormously in the last five years, and for the better.

[Review]

*** iPod Hi-Fi
<http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxNjcmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY5MDIyNjImeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk3>
Michael Fremer, The Record

[Sidetrack]

*** How Can Apple Keep Something Like This A Secrect?
Heng-Cheong Leong

boakes.org <http://boakes.org/apple-ipod-space-advert>: Apple is poised to make history next Saturday when it unveils the world's first advertisement that can be seen from space.

*** Cellphones In Flight? This Means War!
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/26/business/yourmoney/26every.html?ex=1301029200&en=73098ad284a5c952&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Ben Stein, New York Times

Please, Mr. Bush, step into this one and just say no to turning airplanes into penal colonies. It is only a matter of time before someone gets killed over this, and I don't want it to be on my flight.

[GE06]

*** Ex-DPM Tony Tan To Retire From Politics, Khaw To lead Sembawang GRC
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/199948/1/.html>
Joanne Leow, Channel NewsAsia

[News]

*** Singapore Inc On The Nose
<http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/singapore-inc-on-the-nose/2006/03/26/1143330929676.html>
Eric Ellis, Sydney Morning Herald

Singapore's Temasek is rich, powerful and on the prowl. But it didn't count on the latest backlash from Thailand.

*** Singapore's Budget Terminal Begins Operation
<http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=188050>
Jackson Sawatan, Bernama

*** Singapore Opposition Politician Released From Jail
<http://abcasiapacific.com/news/stories/asiapacific_stories_1600869.htm>
ABC

*** Mahathir Says 'Difficult' To Negotiate With Singapore
<http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/state_news/news.php?id=187972&cat=nt>
Bernama

He said the negotiations ended in failure because the city state always wanted more from Malaysia than what it was willing to give in return.