[MyAppleMenu] Jun 11, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Jun 11 13:15:01 EDT 2006

*** A Growing Racket Over iTunes
<http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jun2006/tc20060609_532973.htm>
Arik Hesseldahl, BusinessWeek

Apple continues to anger consumers overseas with its restrictions on music downloading. But it's not the only company drawing fire.

[Opinion]

*** Apple DRM Protest
<http://grumpygamer.com/2732346>
Grumpy Gamer

I was there promptly at 10.30 ready to see some hippies get their heads bashed in by the cops. I have to say I was a little disappointed.

*** Shooting Apple Store Opening With MacBook
<http://yourtech.typepad.com/main/2006/06/shooting_apple_.html>
Julio Ojeda-Zapata, Your Tech Weblog

I couldn't use my digital camera because its battery was dead.

[Sidetrack]

*** The Scobleizer Is Moving
Heng-Cheong Leong

One of Microsoft's most famous blogger, Robert Scoble, is moving out of Microsoft into PodTech.net <http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/06/10/scoble-is-leaving-microsoft/>, a Silicon Valley startup.

Robert Scoble <http://scobleizer.wordpress.com/2006/06/10/correcting-the-record-about-microsoft/>: I love Microsoft and Microsoft did not lose me -- at least as a supporter and friend. I am not throwing away my Tablet PC or my Xbox or my other Microsoft stuff. :-)

*** China Walks Out Of Encryption Meeting
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/10/AR2006061001037.html>
Chris Hawke, Associated Press

*** Google Researchers Use Ambient Audio To Augment The Television Experience
<http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060609-7028.html>
Ryan Paul, Ars Technica

*** Extreme Commutes Grow Longer In Air Industry
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/business/11commute.html?_r=1&oref=slogin>
Jeff Bailey, New York Times

For pilots and flight attendants, they are finding it harder to get to work nowadays, because planes are so full.

*** Buck Up, Little Camper
<http://www.slate.com/id/2143383/>
Emily Bazelon, Slate

Debating whether to send a 6-year-old away for the summer.

*** Springfield Theory
<http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20060610/bob8.asp>
Erica Klarreich, Science News

Mathematical references abound on The Simpsons.

*** Upgrading For All Wards, But PAP Ones First
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/portal/site/STI/menuitem.c2aef3d65baca16abb31f610a06310a0/?vgnextoid=6fadbe120b93a010VgnVCM1000000a35010aRCRD&vgnextfmt=vgnartid:ff55840216ebb010VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD>
Lydia Lim, Straits Times

National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan said that lifts in opposition wards will be upgraded by 2015 at the latest, but PAP wards will still get priority.