[MyAppleMenu] Jul 21, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jul 21 13:15:01 EDT 2006

*** iPod Generation Risking Permanent Deafness
<http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2160774/mp3-players-cause-deafness>
vnunet.com

*** Analysts: Coupling Of Mac And Intel Pays Off
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1991988,00.asp>
Scott Ferguson, eWeek

"What you have is a feature-laden product and I think it's going to be a success for Apple."

*** Time For A Bite Of The Apple? Yes, Say Analysts
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1992017,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594>
Duncan Martell, Reuters

[Opinion]

*** Demise Of A Darlings: iPod Market Share Crashes To 14% Amid Management Denials
<http://communities-dominate.blogs.com/brands/2006/07/demise_of_a_dar.html>
Communities Dominate Brands

The iPod is dead. Long live the iPod.

*** Great Quarter, But What's Next For Apple?
<http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2006/mft06072013.htm>
Anders Bylund, Motley Fool

Once Steve Jobs hands over the reins to the next generation, the question is whether there is a long-term vision anymore, or any sustainable support system for today's business within the company -- not to mention tomorrow's business.

*** The End Of DRM Or The End Of iTunes?
<http://tvedia-mediacenter.blogspot.com/2006/07/end-of-drm-or-end-of-itunes.html>
Zhong Chen, TVedia Media Center

*** Are Movie Rentals In iTunes Future?
<http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/editors/2006/07/itunesdebate/index.php>
Philip Michaels and Jim Dalrymple, Macworld

*** Touched For The Very First Time
<http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2006/07/21/madonna_concert/index_np.html>
Rebecca Traister, Salon

I've waited 22 years to see Madonna live in concert. But would seeing the Material Girl, lithe and gyrating at 47, make me feel like an old fogy?

*** Donald Tsang: No Need For Apoglogies
<http://www.sinchew.com.my/content.phtml?sec=4&artid=200607200773>
Sin Chew Daily

*** Hong Kong Falungong Members Urged Singapore Not To Co-Conspirator With China's Communist Party
<http://www.epochtimes.com/b5/6/7/21/n1393331.htm>
Dajiyuan

[Opinion]

*** Narrow-Minded Singaporeans And How Insidious It Really Might Be
<http://spawniuscroakius.blogspot.com/2006/07/narrow-minded-singaporeans-and-how.html>
Spawnius Croakius

We must see them for what they are, not simply "narrow-minded" but also largely responsible for the civil and political situation in Singapore.

*** Singapore: Not Really A Free Country
<http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/2006/07/20/singapore-not-really-a-free-country/>
Hot Air

I don't see what cartoons of Christ have to do with Sedition, but I do know authoritarianism when I see it.

*** CPF Board Sticks To Risk-Free Singapore Government Bonds
<http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/portal/site/STI/menuitem.c2aef3d65baca16abb31f610a06310a0/?vgnextoid=7532758920e39010VgnVCM1000000a35010aRCRD&vgnextfmt=vgnartid:bec6cb0e86c8c010VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD>
Lim Boon Chye, CPF Board, Straits Times

Not all members have similar appetites for risk and many would not be prepared to accept losses when markets perform poorly.

*** Why Patients Conveyed To Nearest Hospital
<http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/portal/site/STI/menuitem.c2aef3d65baca16abb31f610a06310a0/?vgnextoid=7532758920e39010VgnVCM1000000a35010aRCRD&vgnextfmt=vgnartid:bd07cb0e86c8c010VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD>
N. Subhas, Singapore Civil Defence Force, Straits Times

The arrival of patients at the nearest hospital with the appropriate facilities can make all the difference between life and death in an emergency. We can also redeploy our ambulances faster to attend to subsequent calls, which is critical and helps save more lives.