[MyAppleMenu] Dec 25, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Dec 25 13:15:00 EST 2006

*** The Apple 'Curse'
<http://ekle.us/index.php?title=the_apple_curse&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1>
Rick's World

Why do I call it the Apple 'curse'? Because, ever since seeing how well Apple designs things, I just cannot accept badly-designed products anymore.

[Wintel]

*** Flaws Are Detected In Microsoft's Vista
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/25/technology/25vista.html?ex=1324702800&en=49a6fdd42da8e302&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
John Markoff, New York Times

Microsoft is facing an early crisis of confidence in the quality of its Windows Vista operating system as computer security researchers and hackers have begun to find potentially serious flaws in the system that was released to corporate customers late last month.

*** Ad Costs On The Web Are Rising, But Perhaps A Bit Irrationally
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/25/technology/25ecom.html?ex=1324702800&en=c4cec948363f4c98&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Bob Tedeschi, New York Times

*** All I Want For Christmas Is Death To Software And Business Method Patents
<http://doc.weblogs.com/2006/12/24#allIWantForChristmasIsDeathToSoftwareAndBusinessMethodPatents>
Doc Searl

[Expressions]

*** A Real Gem
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/24/opinion/24gruen.html?ex=1324616400&en=eb9519b10a544403&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Sara Gruen, New York Times

*** Strict Scrutiny Of Matchmaking Agencies Urged
<http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data/theworld/2006/December/theworld_December651.xml&section=theworld>
DPA

A women's advocacy group called on Monday for a governing body to regulate Singapore matchmaking agencies that offer foreign brides, claiming the businesses are "largely unmonitored and unregulated."

[Opinion]

*** Abolishing Death Peanlty: Understanding The Challenges
<http://www.yawningbread.org/guest_2006/guw-126.htm>
Charles Tan, Yawningbread.org

*** Wi-Fi Thief Violated Rights Of Subscriber, ISP
<http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/portal/site/STI/menuitem.c2aef3d65baca16abb31f610a06310a0/?vgnextoid=7532758920e39010VgnVCM1000000a35010aRCRD&vgnextfmt=vgnartid:687a364e934bf010VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD>
Biala Sameer, Straits Times

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>
Life is random. More tunes, less talk.