[MyAppleMenu] Dec 14, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Dec 14 13:15:01 EST 2006

*** Interview: Wil Shipley Of Delicious Monster
<http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2006/12/13/6275>
Jacqui Cheng, Ars Technica

*** Analyst: Look For Apple To Gain Market Share In 2007
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2072141,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594>
Scott Ferguson, eWeek

*** Apple Flooded In Cupertino
<http://www.tuaw.com/2006/12/13/apple-flooded-in-cupertino/>
Erica Sadun, Unofficial Apple Weblog

*** Apple Releases AirPort Update
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/12/13/airport/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Jim Dalrymple, Macworld

*** Human Error Blamed For Office Update Being Pulled
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/12/13/officeupdate/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Jim Dalrymple, Macworld

[Opinion]

*** I'm Not A Mac. I'm A Google.
<http://www.turntable.com/blog/2006/12/14/im-not-a-mac-im-a-google/>
As The Table Turns

I am a little ashamed that I made a stink to get the Mac, only to give it up so quickly. In the end, I just wasn't able to get things done on it.

*** iTunes Sales Are Not Plummeting! Press Credibility, On The Other Hand...
<http://blogs.forrester.com/devicesmedia/2006/12/itunes_sales_ar.html>
Josh Bernoff, Forrester

It's simply not possible to draw this conclusion... as we pointed out in the report.

[Review]

*** BounceBack Pro 7.1: Backup Software Makes Bootable Backups, But Lacks Advanced Features
<http://www.macworld.com/2006/12/reviews/bounceback71/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Joe Kissell, Macworld

[Wintel]

*** Vista Wins On Looks. As For Lacks...
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/14/technology/14pogue.html?ex=1323752400&en=5cde0d2c860d57ac&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
David Pogue, New York Times

Microsoft's description of Vista is "Clear, Confident, Connected." But a more truthful motto would be "Looks, Locks, Lacks."

*** Thai iTV Loses In Dispute On Concession Fee, Facing Bankruptcy
<http://english.people.com.cn/200612/14/eng20061214_332458.html>
Xinhua

The iTV is virtually in no position to pay the concession fee, not to mention the huge fine that exceeds what Temasek Holdings of Singapore paid to the Shinawatra families in its takeover of all of Shin Corp in January this year.

[Opinion]

*** Singapore's Best Haul At Asian Games - No Thanks To Foreign Talents
<http://majulah.xblogger.net/index.php/2006/12/14/singapores-best-haul-at-asian-games-no-thanks-to-foreign-talents/>
Majulah Singapura

*** How To Treat Citizens Better Than Foreigners
<http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2006/yax-689.htm>
Yawningbread.org

Perhaps it's easier for the government to boast of how we're going to treat foreigners worse, to make us feel good, and how we're going to save $36 million, than to talk about political rights.

*** Deficit In HDB Flat Sales A Paper Loss To Govt
<http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/portal/site/STI/menuitem.c2aef3d65baca16abb31f610a06310a0/?vgnextoid=7532758920e39010VgnVCM1000000a35010aRCRD&vgnextfmt=vgnartid:8b78be1250d7f010VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD>
Steven Lo Chock Fei, Straits Times

*** The Singapore Government Plays The Religion Card Again
<http://commentarysingapore.blogspot.com/2006/12/singapore-government-plays-religion.html>
Mr Wang Bakes Good Karma

The Singapore government is making religious believers in Singapore look like obsessive extremist fanatics. This is not true.