[MyAppleMenu] Aug 13, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Aug 13 13:15:00 EDT 2006

*** PC Turns 25? Apple May Beg To Differ
<http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/5258/106/>
Stan Beer, ITWire

Today, as everybody kicks up their heels at the offices of PC manufacturers worldwide celebrating the 25th anniversary of the desktop computer known as the IBM PC, one wonders what Steve Jobs and the crew over at Apple Computer must be thinking.

*** Apple Fares Well IN PC World's Top 25 Of All Time
<http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2006/8/12/4961>
Jeff Smykil, Ars Technica

[Opinion]

*** Rants 'n' Raves: Distorted View?
<http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,71578-0.html?tw=rss.index>
Wired News

*** Apple Notebook Power Adapters: Dangerous By Design?
<http://www.maccast.com/2006/08/12/apple-notebook-power-adapters-dangerous-by-design/>
MacCast

[Review]

*** Living With A Wireless Mighty Mouse
<http://5thirtyone.com/archives/578>
5ThirtyOne

*** The Alliance Against Google
<http://www.economist.com/business/displaystory.cfm?story_id=7277064>
The Economist

What today's internet firms can learn from 19th-century history.

*** PC Nears Extinction In World Of iPods And BlackBerries
<http://business.scotsman.com/technology.cfm?id=1175932006>
Bill Magee, The Scotsman

*** The Television Has Disintegrated. All That's Left Is The Viewer.
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/13/opinion/13sun3.html?ex=1313121600&en=8639d0743a48215f&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Verlyn Klinkenborg, New York Times

we are now the television. Think of all the devices we carry that snatch signal out of the air or intercept it as it streams past over cable of some kind or another. Think of all the possible sources of signal -- not merely network and cable but YouTube and iTunes and a million more as broadband broadens.

[World]

*** Are Children Getting Cleverer?
<http://www.ft.com/cms/s/9b4c5dc8-291e-11db-9dcc-0000779e2340.html>
Richard Tomkins, Financial Times

What if children were getting better results because they were becoming more intelligent?

*** When I First Came To This Island
<http://myreflextions.blogspot.com/2006/08/when-i-first-came-to-this-island.html>
RefleXtions