[MyAppleMenu] Aug 6, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Aug 6 13:15:01 EDT 2006

*** Macworld Magazine Cuts Back On Game Coverage
<http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=13851>
Cord Kruse, Inside Mac Games

"We're making changes to the mix of content in the print magazine, as we often od, in order to find the best way to serve our readers in our 60 print editorial pages."

*** Apple Keeps 'Em Guessing
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1999072,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594>
Scott Ferguson, eWeek

With Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference about to kick off in San Francisco, the usual rumors, innuendo and sheer guessing of what CEO Steve Jobs is about to reveal is well underway.

*** Shares Drop On News That Apple May Revise Years Of Statements
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/05/technology/05apple.html?ex=1312430400&en=05fb6dad55e604aa&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Steve Lohr, New York Times

[Opinion]

*** MacBook Pro: Week Six
<http://nicmitham.wordpress.com/2006/08/06/macbook-pro-week-six/>
Mobasablog

This morning it dawned on me. Something I used to see all the time with the PB just hasn't been around lately -- the beachball of death.

*** Can Mac OS X 'Leopard' Features Compete With Vista?
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1999630,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000611>
David Morgenstern, eWeek

With details slim on what's coming in Leopard, the current match ups between Windows Vista and Mac OS X are centered on a short set of interface details.

*** When Will Leopard Ship?
<http://inessential.com/?comments=1&postid=3341>
Brent Simmons, inessential.com

[Review]

*** Repairing Permissions: What You Need To Know
<http://www.macworld.com/2006/08/secrets/repairpermissions/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Dan Frakes, Macworld

What repairing permissions does and whether you should do it.

*** Budget Flights To Singapore?
<http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Sunday/National/20060806081319/Article/index_html>
New Straits Times

A committee has been set up to look into the pros and cons of allowing budget airlines to fly the Kuala-Lumpur-Singapore route.

*** MDA Withdraws Licence For Play Due To Racial Undertones
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/223119/1/.html>
Channel NewsAsia

[Opinion]

*** Truth Is The Greatest Enemy Of The State
<http://singabloodypore.blogspot.com/2006/08/truth-is-greatest-enemy-of-state.html>
S Thenmoli, Agni Kootthu, Singabloodypore

It only confirms that liberalisation of the arts in Singapore is just lip-service of the 66.6% powers that be.

*** Singapore Loves You... Not
<http://wert-sg.blogspot.com/2006/07/singapore-loves-younot.html>
wertblog

Ask not if your country loves you, or ask not if you love your country? Which should come first?

*** Air-Pact Changes Don't Need SIA, MAS Approval
<http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/portal/site/STI/menuitem.c2aef3d65baca16abb31f610a06310a0/?vgnextoid=7532758920e39010VgnVCM1000000a35010aRCRD&vgnextfmt=vgnartid:b753c433d99dc010VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD:STForumArcIOID:8397b8bb14adc010VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD:STForumArcDate:1154815140000>
Lee Ark Boon, Ministry of Transport, Straits Times

We would like to clarify that the Singapore-Malaysia Air Services Agreement does not contain any clause which requires changes to the ASA to be approved by SIA and MAS.