[MyAppleMenu] Dec 11, 2005

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Dec 11 13:15:00 EST 2005

*** 'iPod Effect' Dominates Wish Lists
<http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051211/BUSINESS/512110337/1003>
Mindy Fetterman, Gannett News Service

The No. 1 holiday tech wish is for an MP3 music player (read: iPod), says the Consumer Electronics Association.

*** iPod Remains A Red-Hot Gift, Warts And All
<http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/113420761428750.xml&coll=2&thispage=1>
Chris Seper, Cleveland Plain Dealer

[Opinion]

*** Lock And Load
<http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20051208.html>
Robert X. Cringely, PBS

Apple's rumored storage locker strategy would allow us to look but not touch.

*** When Is An "iPatch" Not An Apple Gadget
<http://blog.jokewallpaper.com/index.php/archives/3>
Steve Kremer, JokeWallpaper.com

My last Windows computer was a Dell laptop that I liked. But I love my Mac.

*** Fighting Fire With Fire
<http://www.economist.com/science/displaystory.cfm?story_id=5278150>
The Economist

A new idea for immunising computers against viruses.

*** Can This Man Reprogram Microsoft?
<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/11/business/yourmoney/11micro.html?ex=1291957200&en=25eb46eb8df63529&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Steve Lohr, New York Times

Bill Gates is counting on Ray Ozzie, who joined Microsofft just eight months ago, to help the company tackle Google.

*** Questions Of Faith
<http://news.ft.com/cms/s/ce83cf1c-6846-11da-bfce-0000779e2340.html>
Candida Crewe, Financial Times

What should you tell your children about God?

*** From "Toy Story" To "Chicken Little"
<http://www.economist.com/printedition/displaystory.cfm?story_id=5244073>
The Economist

The introduction of digital technology has transformed animated films. But will computer-animated humans ever look realistic on screen?

*** Singapore PM Urges Asean To Liberalise In Order To Integrate
<http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=170212>
Bernama

Saying that Asean is competing in a tough international race, and that quitting the game is not an option, Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong Sunday urged the grouping "to liberalise in order to integrate" and move forward as one economic entity.

*** Build Bridge Without Singapore, Says Mahathir
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/free/story/0,6418,358217,00.html?>
Bernama

Former Prime Minister Tun Mahathir Mohamad says he would prefer the Malaysian government to go ahead with its proposal to build a new bridge to replace the Causeway without waiting for Singapore to make a move.

[Opinion]

*** Too Few People For Democracy?
<http://yawningbread.org/arch_2005/yax-518.htm>
Yawningbread.org

Singaporeans will continue to remember that the government had every opportunity to stop the harassment by the police and the MDA during the past 8 months, even if the politicians did not initiaite it (hard to believe thought that may be). Yet, here we have a cabinet minister who now says this whole affair should never have arisen. Why?

[Entertainment]

*** Singapore Caters To The Young And Old
<http://www.monitor.co.ug/sunday/life/life121114.php>
Zurah Nakabugo, Sunday Monitor

Together with four other Ugandan journalists, we set off to the city of glittering skyscrapers and busting seaports.