[MyAppleMenu] Sep 6, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Sep 6 13:15:01 EDT 2004

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Monday, September 6, 2004

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/index.html>
Mac News for Mac Users

[Top Stories]

*** The Song Remains The Same
<http://www.forbes.com/home/global/2004/0906/030.html>
by Victoria Murphy, Forbes
Who could replace the Valley Svengali who personalifies the Apple's myth? In contrast to reassuringly public successions at Intel, Microsoft and Dell, Apple has no number two.

*** Where's The Music?
<http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/article/0,13673,501040913-692948,00.html>
by Bryan Walsh, Time
MP3 players are hot in Asia, but online stores such as iTunes are still closed to the region's market.

[News]

*** Students Star On 'Rat T.V.'
<http://www.chronicle-tribune.com/news/stories/20040906/ourtowns/1185429.html>
by Cathy Shouse, Chronicle-Tribune
Every morning starting at 7:30, 13 students prowl the high school halls with a digital video camera. Later in the morning, an edited five to 10 minute tape is shwon throughout the school.

*** Apple Banks On iPod's Street Cred
<http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9075-1249380,00.html>
by Paul Durman, The Times
Apple is leaning on the iPod to give its stagnant computer business a kick-start.

*** Can Apple Play Europe's Tune?
<http://www.forbes.com/technology/2004/09/06/cx_al_0906itunes.html?partner=rss>
by Aude Lagorce, Forbes
With roughly 120 million songs downloaded since its debut in April 2003, Apple's iTunes has clearly caught the ear of American consumers. But will that translate into success on the other side of the Atlantic?

*** Apple, Microsoft Partners Find Common Ground
<http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/breakingnews.jhtml?articleId=46800183>
by Paula Rooney, CRN
Forget the new iMacs and iPods, Apple is leaving a lot of dough on the table by not pushing its Mac OS X software aggressively into corporations running Windows.

*** Apple Confirms Seven New Retail Stores
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/09/05/applestores/>
by MacMinute
The new Apple Stores include Los Angeles, CA, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, Danbury, CT, Wilmington, DE, West Des Moines, IA, Braintree, MA, and Lynnwood, WA.

*** iPods Of The Rich And Famous
<http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/story/228826p-196546c.html>
by Spencer Morgan and Ed Tahaney, New York Daily News
An exclusive report on the state of the stars' favorite songs.

[Opinion]

*** iPod And MSN Music
<http://blogs.msdn.com/omars/archive/2004/09/04/225553.aspx>
by Omar Shahine, MSDN
In MacBU we never ever said anything bad about Apple. Why? Cause once we did and we lost. Apple has a phenomenal PR relationship with the media and turned the story pretty much back in our face and it was ugly.

[Review]

*** iMac G5: A New Option
<http://www.thejakartapost.com/detailfeatures.asp?fileid=20040906.P01&irec=0>
by Vishnu K. Mahmud, Jarkarta Post
Thanks to true innovation and continuously falling prices, Apple computers are proving to be a viable alternative for families looking for their first (or second) computer.

*** G5 Lacks The G-Whizz Factor
<http://www.thepost.ie/web/DocumentView/did-436322292-pageUrl--2FThe-Newspaper-2FSundays-Paper-2FThe-Market-2FTechnology.asp>
by Adrian Weckler, Sunday Business Post
If it's an attractive home computer you're after, one that youc an be proud to have on display, snap up the remaining swivel-arm machines.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/index.html>

*** Even In An Age Of Terrorism, Towers Are Sheathed In Glass
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/06/nyregion/06glass.html?8hpib>
by David W. Dunlap, New York Times
Defying concerns after the attack on New York three years ago that post-9/11 construction would be dominated by brute concrete bunkers, the designers of significant new public and private buildings in the city are turning again and again to glass facades.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/index.html>

*** AVA Continues With Suspension Of Poultry And Eggs From Malaysia
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/105209/1/.html>
by Channel NewsAsia
Singapore's Agri-Food and Veterianary Authority (AVA) will continue to suspend poultry and eggs from Malaysia, following a second case of bird flu detected in Kelantan.

*** Students Catch Singapore Fever
<http://www.newindpress.com/Newsitems.asp?ID=IET20040905131046&Title=Southern+News+-+Tamil+Nadu&Topic=0>
by Newindpress.com
After Australia, United States and Britain, now it's Singapore's turn to aggressively spread their education market in India.

[Opinion]

*** My Next Job Could Depend On My Blog!
<http://ramblinglibrarian.blogspot.com/2004_09_01_ramblinglibrarian_archive.html>
by Ivan Chew, Rambling Librarian
If I could, I'd make every NLB librarian maintain a blog.

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong <mailto:webmaster at myapplemenu.com>. Copyright (C) 1996 - 2004 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.