[MyAppleMenu] Oct 24, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Oct 24 13:15:00 EDT 2004

[Top Stories]

*** Pixar's Mr. Incredible May Yet Rewrite The Apple Story
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/24/business/yourmoney/24digi.html?ex=1256270400&en=1a01cab258566ba5&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt>
Randall Stross, New York Times

At Pixar, one of Mr. Jobs's masterstrokes has been to emphasize the old-fashioned virtue of compelling storytelling. "It is chiseled in stone at our studio that no amount of technolgy can ever turn a bad story into a good one." One could add that the same maxim applies to Apple.

[News]

*** Macs Do Star Wars Dirty Work
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/3945149.stm>
Spencer Kelly, BBC News

Behind the scenes, painstaking effort and computing power has gone into cleaning up George Lucas's original Star Wars trilogy for its DVD release.

*** Inside Apple's Comeback
<http://www.strategiy.com/special_inside_apple_comeback_1.htm>
Rania Adwan, Strategiy

After years of sluggish sales, Apple is suddenly booming. The outlook for the company, worldwide and in the Middle East.

*** Happy 3rd Birthday iPod
<http://www.ipodlounge.com/ipodnews.php?id=P5326>
iPodlounge

[Review]

*** Toosl Of The Trade Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5GHz
<http://news.independent.co.uk/business/analysis_and_features/story.jsp?story=575392>
Stephen Pritchard, The Independent

The G5 is tightly integrated and represents good value for money. Users who run high-end creative applications will need one. Lots of others will want one, even if it does resemble a portable dehumidifier.

[Sidetrack]

*** The Real Meaning Of Life
Heng-Cheong Leong

What's your meaining of life <http://life.shutterline.com/>? Wanna share your thoughts?

*** Identities Stolen In Seconds
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/24/business/yourmoney/24theft.html?oref=login&ex=1256270400&>
Timothy L. O'Brien, New York Times

Everyone is fair game.

*** Halloween Goes High Tech
<http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,65447,00.html?tw=rss.TOP>
Associated Press

Halloween has been popular with adults and children for decades, but the decorating business -- particularly the higher end -- has burgeoned in the past few years.

[World]

*** To Be Silenced, Or Not To Be: That's The Question
<http://www.commondreams.org/views04/1021-22.htm>
Debi Smith, Common Dreams

It's we the people who've handed over our power to the media, to corporations, to the government. We're the ones who left the store, leaving the door wide open and the keys in the till.