[MyAppleMenu] Oct 2, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Oct 2 13:15:00 EDT 2004

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Saturday, October 2, 2004

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/index.html>
Mac News for Mac Users

[News]

*** Analyst: SigmaTel To Supply Chips For Apple MP3 Player
<http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/business/national/9811524.htm>
by Michelle Rama, Associated Press
Citing "numerous sources in Asia," Tomas Weisel analyst Jason Pflaum said Apple will use SigmaTel's controller chips for a player it's planning to launch this Christmas. The new player would use solid-state flash memory, which has less capacity but can make for a lighter, cheaper player.

*** Real Confirms Security Hole Fixed In RealPlayer 10
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/10/01/realnetworks/>
by MacMinute
RealNetworks has confirmed that the security vulnerabilities reported earlier today only affect previous beta versions of RealPlayer 10 and not the final version currently available for download.

*** iPod To Get Integrated Radio?
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/10/01/ipod-radio/>
by MacMinute
Apple's iPod Division is currently looking for an "RF Hardware Engineer," hinting that the iPod could gain radio capabilities.

[Opinion]

*** My PowerBook Odyssey
<http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/10/01/40OPconnection_1.html?source=rss&url=http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/10/01/40OPconnection_1.html>
by Chad Dickerson, Infoworld
Great hardware and OS design goes a long way, but I still need my ThinkPad.

*** Enough With Themes Already
<http://www.osviews.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2395>
by Adam Barr, osViews
I have a proposal for what to do with most themes: get rid of 'em.

*** No Margins
<http://inessential.com/?comments=1&postid=2927>
by Brent Simmons, Inessential.com
You can't please everybody -- because, if you try, you'll then find there are people who are displeased by apps that try to please everybody.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/index.html>

*** Flour, Eggs, Sugar, Fortune
<http://www.nypress.com/17/38/food/gershenson.cfm>
by Gabriella Gershenson, New York Press
Inside the factory behind all these happy messages.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/index.html>

*** You Don't Have To Get Baggage Screened Before Airport Check-In
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/singapore/story/0,4386,275722,00.html?>
by Karamjit Kaur, Straits Times
Baggage screening goes behind the scenes at Changi Airport's Terminal 1; Terminal 2 will get new system next year.

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong <mailto:webmaster at myapplemenu.com>. Copyright (C) 1996 - 2004 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.