[MyAppleMenu] Nov 20, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Nov 20 13:15:03 EST 2004

*** Creative Stunt Lands 20 iPods
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/sub/singapore/story/0,5562,286017,00.html?>
Billy Teo, Straits Times

By the time the shutters came down at 7pm, Creative had collected 20 iPods.

*** Stormy Braves Storm To Be First In Line
<http://wiredblogs.tripod.com/cultofmac/index.blog?entry_id=527680>
Leander Kahney, Cult Of Mac

A student from Texas is camping out on a rainy sidewalk to be first in line for Saturday's grand opening of the new London Apple store.

*** England Enjoys Mac Attack
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1729960,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000611>
Ian Betteridge, eWeek

*** Apple iPod Mini Waterproof H2O Audio Case
<http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/337/C3431/>
Fabrizio Pilato, MobileMag

*** Apple Confirms Plans For First Canadian Retail Store
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2004/11/19/retailcanada/index.php/?lsrc=mcrss-1104>
Jim Dalrymple, MacCentral

Apple confirmed plans to open the company's first retail store in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

[Opinion]

*** Software Blades
<http://blogs.zdnet.com/Gillmor/index.php?p=11#comments>
Steve Gillmor, ZDNet

Windows still sits in the middle, but now, with the BlackBerry, the iPod, the Mac, Wi-Fi, and RSS, I can route around it.

*** My First Sony Walkman
<http://joi.ito.com/archives/2004/11/20/my_first_sony_walkman.html>
Joi Ito

I miss the feeling that I had when I got my first Walkman.

*** Why Apple Is Worth Revisiting
<http://www.nwfusion.com/newsletters/stor/2004/1115stor2.html?fsrc=rss-storage>
Mike Karp, Network World Fusion

Apple is making a serioius play for both the small-and-midsize business and the enterprise storage markets.

[Sidetrack]

*** Live From London
Heng-Cheong Leong

A live webcam <http://www.ifoapplestore.com/live.html> pointing at the queue outside fo Apple's London store is now in operation over at ifo Apple Store web site.

*** No, It's Not Just Us Folks
Heng-Cheong Leong

David Pogue discovers <http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/19/technology/19pogues-posts.html?oref=login&ex=1258606800&> that there are other us-verus-them debates besides the great Mac and PC uproar whenever someone writes something remotely controversial in the mainstream press. Be careful when you compares LCD and plasma television. :-)

[Wintel]

*** Dumping Microsoft Isn't Always Practical
<http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/11/19/47secadvise_1.html>
P.J. Connolly, InfoWorld

ActiveX, IE, and Outlook aren't easy to do without.

*** Making A Better CMS
<http://www.adaptivepath.com/publications/essays/archives/000365.php>
Jeffrey Veen, Adaptive Path

Most open source content management software is useless. The only thing worse is every commercial CMS I've used. But it doesn't have to be that way.

*** Google Sees Benefits In Corporate Blogging
<http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/11/18/HNgooglecorpblog_1.html>
Juan Carlos Perez, IDG News Service

Company says internal blogs can be used to track meeting notes, share diagnostics information and code.

[Internet]

*** Congress Votes To Ban States From Taxing Internet Service
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/20/politics/20internet.html?oref=login&ex=1258693200&>
Reuters

[Top Stories]

*** Question Mark Over Nicoll Highway Station
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/sub/topstories/story/0,5562,285937,00.html?>
Christopher Tan, Straits Times

The entire section of the Circle MRT Line that collapsed in April might be re-routed, possibly causing a further delay in the project.