[MyAppleMenu] May 3, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon May 3 13:15:00 EDT 2004

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Monday, May 3, 2004

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/index.html>
Mac News for Mac Users

[News]

*** Virginia Public Schools Move Away From Macs
<http://www.macnn.com/news/24518>
by MacNN
"The move to one predominant platform will result in lower costs and to more effective and efficient technical support services."

*** Apple To Open Bethesda, Maryland Store Saturday
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/05/03/applestore>
by MacMinute

*** Jobs Named The Chronicle 200's CEO Of The Year
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/05/03/chronicle200>
by MacMinute
"Made headlines by helping to change two major industries -- music and movies."

*** Apple's Regent Street Store To Open In November
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/05/03/regentstreetstore>
by MacMinute

*** Apple Centre In Leicester Opens May 4
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/05/03/leicesterapplecentre>
by MacMinute

[Opinion]

*** The Rebirth Of Apple As A Multimedia Company
<http://www.technewsworld.com/perl/story/commentary/33600.html>
by Rob Enderle, TechNewsWorld
Apple is on the cusp of an important decision that either will take it to a position of dominance or will doom it to the declining niche of companies that could have been contenders. The iPod has shown the way, and my bet is Apple will eventually follow.

[Review]

*** Laudable Laptop Stands
<http://www.macworld.com/2004/04/secrets/maymobilemac/>
by Jeff Carlson, Macworld

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/index.html>
The other things in life

[World]

*** The Revolution Will Not Be Blogged
<http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/columns/2004/05/04_200.html>
by George Packer, Mother Jones
To see beyond their own little world and get a sense of what's really going on, journalists and readers need to get out of their pajamas.

[Life]

*** The Elements Of Common Sense
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/03/opinion/03ROSE.html>
by John Rosenthal, New York Times
The point of punctuation is not to spin a web of arcane rules, but to remind us to write (and think) clearly. Punctuation that serves to eliminate confusion is imperative today as ever. But as the language evolves we should put the most picayune punctuation rules out to pasture, the way we do with obsolete rules of grammar.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/index.html>
Life in the city

[Top Stories]

*** Hsien Loong To Face Tough Economic, Political Challenges
<http://www.emedia.com.my/Current_News/NST/Monday/World/20040503072807/Article/indexb_html>
by AFP
Singapore's transition of power this year is expected to be a smooth affair but Lee Hsien Loong will still face tough political and economic challenges when he takes over from Goh Chok Tong, analysts said.

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong <mailto:webmaster at myapplemenu.com>. Copyright (C) 1996 - 2004 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.