[MyAppleMenu] Mar 27, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Mar 27 13:15:01 EST 2004

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Saturday, March 27, 2004

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/index.html>
Mac News for Mac Users

[Top Stories]

*** Apple G5 Claims Disputed By Better Business Bureau Group
<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2004/03/26/nad/index.php?redirect=1080324783000>
by Peter Cohen, MacCentral
When Apple debuted its Power Mac G5 last year, the company called it "the world's fastest, most powerful personal computer." Some voices within the PC market responded to Appel's claims with howls of derision and incredulity. Dell felt strongly enough about the claim to complain to the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.

[News]

*** Pixar Releases RenderMan For OS X
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/03/26/renderman>
by MacMinute

*** FireWire 800 Expansion Card Available For Laptops
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/03/26/firewire800card>
by MacMinute

[Opinion]

*** Portland: Part Of The Mac Renaissance
<http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/editors/archives/000126.php>
by Rick LePage, Macworld
One of the things that makes Portland such a great city to live in is its vibrant Mac community.

*** VLC Will Play iTunes Music Store Tracks
<http://www.boingboing.net/2004/03/26/vlc_will_play_itunes.html>
by Cory Doctorow, Boing Boing
Apple tells us that its DRM "keeps honest users honest." I'm a pretty honest user. Apple's DRM hasn't kept me honest, though; it has kept me angry with Apple.

[Review]

*** Laptop Lockdown
<http://www.macworld.com/2004/03/secrets/aprilmobilemac/>
by Jason Cook, Macworld
There are ways to protect your computer and your data.

*** FileMaker Pro 7
<http://www.applelegal.com/comments.php?id=162_0_1_0_C>
by Apple Legal
FMP7 is a poewrful and as user-friendly as a relational database could be.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/tomorrow/index.html>
Emerging Technology. Innovative Applications. New Economy.

[News]

*** The Roots Of Bust 2.0
<http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.04/bust.html>
by Gary Rivlin, Wired
Suddenly, venture capital is growing on trees. But the cash glut could crash the Valley again.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/index.html>

*** At 100, A Magazine Has Blossomed Into A National Treasure
<http://www.boston.com/yourlife/home/articles/2004/03/25/at_100_a_magazine_has_blossomed_into_a_national_treasure/?rss_id=Boston%20Globe%20--%20Living%20/%20Arts%20News>
by Carol Stocker, Boston Globe
Publishing is a ferocious business nad most magazines don't survive five years, never mind 100. Boston-based Horticulture magazine, the country's oldest gardening magazine, has reached that landmark.

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong <mailto:webmaster at myapplemenu.com>. Copyright (C) 1996 - 2004 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.