[MyAppleMenu] Friday, Sep 12, 2003

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Sep 12 21:05:00 EDT 2003

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Friday, Sep 12, 2003

MyAppleMenu : News
------------------
Ex-Apple Employee Slams Company (Leander Kahney, Wired News)
<http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,60407,00.html>
On the eve of a big reunion of Apple employees, a former Apple marketing director is blasting his former co-workers for failing to make the company a success.

Pixar To Launch RenderMan Pro Server For Mac (MacNN)
<http://www.macnn.com/news/21063>

MyAppleMenu : Opinions
----------------------
Microsoft's Favorite Gadget? (Todd Bishop, Seattle Post-Intelligencer)
<http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/000765.html>
Is it the next version of Windows? The Xbox? Office 2003? Nope, it's the iPod.

MyAppleMenu : Reviews
---------------------
Nisus Writer Cures My MS Word Blues (Derrick Story, O'Reilly Network)
<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3757>
I still use Microsoft Word when I have to, but when it's my choice, I'm enjoying Nisus Writer.

First G5 Test Results: Dual 2GHz Power Mac G5 Is New Mac Speed King (Jim Galbraith, Macworld)
<http://www.macworld.com/2003/09/reviews/macworldlabfirstg5testresults/>
We've tested all three models, and found them be clearly faster than the previous generation of Power Macs.

MyAppleMenu : Wintel News
-------------------------
IE Patent Endgame Detailed (Paul Festa, CNET News.com)
<http://news.com.com/2100-1032_3-5074799.html>
Microsoft has suffered another legal setback in the patent dispute with software developer Eolas and is now advising Web authors on workarounds, as new details emerge of its plans to tweak Internet Explorer.

More Wintel news at <http://www.myapplemenu.com/wintel/>

MyAppleMenu Tomorrow: Top Stories
---------------------------------
The Internet Book Race (Virginia Postrel, New York Times)
<http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/11/business/11SCEN.html>
When it comes to books, Internet selling has not led to uniformly low prices.

MyAppleMenu Reader: Life
Adam Wants His Eve (Christopher Farah, Salon)
<http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2003/09/12/celibacy/index_np.html>
Trying to save the endangered American Catholic priest, a "middle-of-the-road" Milwaukee pastor is asking his church to make celibacy optional.

John Ritter, Prolific Television Actor, Dies At 54 (Reuters)
<http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/obituaries/entertainment-people-ritter.html>
Emmy award-winning actor John Ritter, who gained fame playing bumbling and lovable characters in a pair of television comedies decades apart, has died suddenly due to a previously undetected arterial problem, his representatives said on Friday.

---
Modify your subscription at <http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/applesurf-list>

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong. This site is not affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc., or any other companies in any manner. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Power Macintosh, PowerBook, iMac, iBook, iPod, and eMac are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. All other brands or product names are trademarks of their registered holders. Copyright (C) 1996-2003 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.