[MyAppleMenu] Sunday, Oct 19, 2003

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Oct 19 21:05:01 EDT 2003

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Sunday, Oct 19, 2003

MyAppleMenu : Top Stories
-------------------------
Apple's Music Man (Steven Levy, Newsweek)
<http://www.msnbc.com/news/982147.asp?cp1=1>
Steve Jobs explains why it's better to own your tunes.

MyAppleMenu : News
------------------
NetNewsWire, NetNewsWire Lite v1.0.6 Released (Peter Cohen, MacCentral)
<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/10/18/netnewswire/index.php?redirect=1066556359000>
The new version of both applications fix a performance problem involving HTML description refreshes.

MyAppleMenu : Opinions
----------------------
The Panther Report: Is It Dangerous To Become An Early Adopter? (Gene Steinberg, Mac Night Owl)
<http://www.macnightowl.com/newsletters/2003/10/203.htm#adopter>
Yes, I do hope the Panther upgrade process will be easy, and that most third party applications will just work without modification. But things never seem to work that way in the real world.

Apple's iTunes Music Store: Facing New Challenges (Ken "Caesar" Fisher, Ars Technica)
<http://arstechnica.com/wankerdesk/03q2/i-tunes-1.html>
Read on for my take on the challenges Apple faces now that Windows support is out the door.

MyAppleMenu Reader: Life
------------------------
Writers' Web Sites Turn 'The End' Into A Beginning (Linton Weeks, Washington Post)
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47075-2003Oct18.html>
Some of our best-selling scribes have their very own Web sites that answer a lot of our questions! Finally we can get to know these authors up-close and personal.

MyAppleMenu SingaporeSurf : Top Stories
Singapore Says FTAs Can hasten Multilateral Trade (Reuters)
<http://www.forbes.com/business/newswire/2003/10/19/rtr1114297.html>
Singapore said on Sunday a rush to negotiate bilateral free trade pacts since the collapse of WTO talks in Cancun would help, not hinder, the process of multilateral liberalisation by putting pressure on opponents of free trade to come to the table.

---
Modify your subscription at <http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/applesurf-list>

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong. This site is not affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc., or any other companies in any manner. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Power Macintosh, PowerBook, iMac, iBook, iPod, and eMac are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. All other brands or product names are trademarks of their registered holders. Copyright (C) 1996-2003 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.